• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I read a summary of this the other day that hinted at the Robin which was associated with that tarnished outfit is Jason Todd. So this leave Grayson out there to become Nightwing.

Thanks for posting this.

:foryou:

Could We See Bizarro in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice?

In Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, there's an interesting observation about Doomsday. It's there that it was first revealed that Doomsday was created on ancient Krypton, and in that story, it says that while Doomsday left the world he was born on, that planet's own sad fate would be linked to the genetic experiments that created him.

That suggested to me at the time that the clone wars that destabilized Krypton's government and society, leading to a rift between the spiritual and scientific elements of Kryptonian culture as described during the Exile in Space storyline, had roots in the technology Bertron had left behind after Doomsday killed him and his fellow scientists. It's interesting, then, that an early Bizarro story established that the first "bizarros" were clones of Zod, created on Krypton while it was still alive.

In the film, of course, it seems as though most of that Bertron stuff wouldn't apply. Doomsday, after all, is seemingly created by Luthor, right?

Well, on the Blu-ray for Man of Steel, Bertron gets a name-drop in the special features: "Beware Bertron's curse, for he is named Doomsday." These are the same bonus features that referenced Wayne Enterprises onscreen for one of the first times in the then-fledgling DC Extended Universe.

I had passed up on the Man of Steel Blu-Ray when these were on sale. Now, I wished I hadn't.

Batman V. Superman: Jeremy Irons Says His Alfred Pennyworth Is A "Grease Monkey"

Over the decades, we've seen a handful of actors play Alfred Pennyworth. Each of them put their own spin on Bruce Wayne's loyal butler, so don't expect Jeremy Iron's version in Batman v Superman to let Vicki Vale into the Batcave or tattle on Master for taking the Batmobile on a joyride or even berate his push-up obsessed employer for not being able to lift a bloody log.

"Alfred is a lot more hands-on in our film than he has previously been," Irons told Entertainment Weekly. "He's a bit of a grease monkey, and he's very involved in the decisions Bruce makes."

Affleck Comments On Batman's Role In The Justice League

Speaking with EW, Affleck gave a few hints about his role in the upcoming Justice League movie:

“Batman represents human beings, mortal men, In a world of Flashes and Aquamen and Supermen, there needs to be that guy. It’s interesting that he became the leader of the Justice League in the books - I’m not sure how that will play out here - but his humanity is also an asset.”

v7u2Qc4.jpg

The Batcave looks huge.