• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Unlike most people, I'm fine with Eisenberg as Luthor so far, I generally like Eisenberg, and I haven't read a ton of superman (though probably more than the average non-comic fan). I'm gonna watch it as "What if super-tech billionaire Mark Zuckerberg really thought Superman was a threat and tried to take him down?" THat premise is enough for me.

I like that!

:applause:

Whenever I see Luthor in the comics all I hear is Clancy Brown's voice.

:cloud9:

Although some have pointed out a few pages back this may not be Lex Sr. we are seeing. I wasn't sure in the New 52 if there are two Lex Luthors from that comment, but found it interesting.

Yeah I don't really know what is going on in the New 52 universe.

I'm not sure the writers do either... ;)

the other luthor is his sister in the new52/ current universe. i think the problem some are having is that we haven't seen enough scenes with him to understand which type of lex the movie is going for.

In fairness, this is true. But most of fandom has puked over the Riddler version of Luthor that we saw last week. We fans have a prejudice to what Luthor should "be" -- an egotistical, arrogant pr**k who is ridiculously intelligent and evil. BRYAN CRANSTON, after portraying Walter White for several years, seemed like a natural casting choice. Shame on WB for missing that grand slam opportunity.

The hair isn't the issue because in the first two Superman movies, we didn't see Gene Hackman bald until the end of Superman The Movie when Supes dropped him in prison. Although there was a lot of camp to the Hackman version of Luthor, he convinced us viewers that he was Lex Luthor. I think the Kevin Spacey Luthor was bald throughout, but Spacey's portrayal was maybe more ruthless than Hackman's. The Michael Rosenbaum Luthor of "Smallville" is diabolical and duplicative, and intelligent, evil, arrogant. Mentally, I can lump Hackman/Spacey/Rosenbaum all together. Eisenberg? Not after this last trailer.

Unlike most people, I'm fine with Eisenberg as Luthor so far, I generally like Eisenberg, and I haven't read a ton of superman (though probably more than the average non-comic fan). I'm gonna watch it as "What if super-tech billionaire Mark Zuckerberg really thought Superman was a threat and tried to take him down?" THat premise is enough for me.

he could create a dislike button and take a paternity leave, that'll bring the Son of Krypton to his knees.

I'm gonna watch it as "What if super-tech billionaire Mark Zuckerberg really thought Superman was a threat and tried to take him down?" THat premise is enough for me.

That's how I saw it as well. (thumbs u

he could create a dislike button and take a paternity leave, that'll bring the Son of Krypton to his knees.

lol

Whenever I see Luthor in the comics all I hear is Clancy Brown's voice.

:cloud9:

Although some have pointed out a few pages back this may not be Lex Sr. we are seeing. I wasn't sure in the New 52 if there are two Lex Luthors from that comment, but found it interesting.

Yeah I don't really know what is going on in the New 52 universe.

I'm not sure the writers do either... ;)

the other luthor is his sister in the new52/ current universe. i think the problem some are having is that we haven't seen enough scenes with him to understand which type of lex the movie is going for.

In fairness, this is true. But most of fandom has puked over the Riddler version of Luthor that we saw last week. We fans have a prejudice to what Luthor should "be" -- an egotistical, arrogant pr**k who is ridiculously intelligent and evil. BRYAN CRANSTON, after portraying Walter White for several years, seemed like a natural casting choice. Shame on WB for missing that grand slam opportunity.

The hair isn't the issue because in the first two Superman movies, we didn't see Gene Hackman bald until the end of Superman The Movie when Supes dropped him in prison. Although there was a lot of camp to the Hackman version of Luthor, he convinced us viewers that he was Lex Luthor. I think the Kevin Spacey Luthor was bald throughout, but Spacey's portrayal was maybe more ruthless than Hackman's. The Michael Rosenbaum Luthor of "Smallville" is diabolical and duplicative, and intelligent, evil, arrogant. Mentally, I can lump Hackman/Spacey/Rosenbaum all together. Eisenberg? Not after this last trailer.

It's JUST a TRAILER !!!

A TRAILER. :sumo:

:o

lol

:insane:

Hot Toys is making ‘Batman v Superman’ figures and 1/6 scale Batmobile

Hot Toys, the company behind the highly detailed collectible figures, announced today that they’re making a 1/6 scale Batmobile from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. We also got word last week that they’ll be making Batman and Superman figures as well.

The Batmobile will be unveiled in full glory very soon at Hot Toys’ booth (F01-16) in the upcoming Toy Soul 2015 on Dec 18 in Hong Kong!

i5RYElk.jpg

BATMAN v SUPERMAN Production Designer Teases "Larger Threat" Beyond 'Doomsday'

"We are able to tell a story in a fresh way," Tatopoulos explains. "Doomsday is an evolution essentially. Fans may be aware of the death of Superman story, but this is handled in such a new way."

"When the film is called Batman v or versus Superman, it really has a lot of levels to the meaning. Superman isn't just killed off at the end of something. We see how he evolves as part of Lex's plan to protect the world. Seeing the Superman we know - be gone - and then replaced with this reproduction is really going to make fans think of how we look at these super beings. It was especially interesting to figure out how would you create Superman from Zod... then how would that evolve into Doomsday."

Here's where things get even more interesting though. Tatopoulos went on to tease that there's a "larger threat" at play, while the "timeframe of how things fall into place will surprise fans" and, "Doomsday isn't just the final act."

:o

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez: