• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I have to say that the new trailer works much better on a giant IMAX screen than on a computer monitor. The audience I saw it with(for some obscure flick I watched this morning) seemed to like it.

Luthor Sr. has passed. Interesting hm

So eisenberg is not the "real" Lex.

That's what I thought.

-J.

Really too early to tell, but it certainly seems like they're alluding to the fact that there's something bigger going on.

Like Lex Sr. found some way to put his consciousness into his "younger" self?

They showed the trailer before the Star Wars movie today and Wonder Woman got the most positive response! :o

The same trailer?

Yes. The one with Doomsday. It shocked me. The trailer does look much better on a big screen as someone mentioned. Also there was a lot of female fans in the STAR WARS audience.

I said it here before. DC/WB will have hit a home run with Wonder Woman in BvS which is then followed by Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad

There is a demand for a female super hero, and DC has a great one two punch in these characters

I have to say that the new trailer works much better on a giant IMAX screen than on a computer monitor. The audience I saw it with(for some obscure flick I watched this morning) seemed to like it.

I had the opposite reaction in watching the trailer before Episode VII: even on a big screen, the trailer confirmed my fears about the prospects of this film, and in my theatre (this was on a Thursday night with a jacked up crowd), the response was largely muted.

I had the opposite reaction in watching the trailer before Episode VII: even on a big screen, the trailer confirmed my fears about the prospects of this film, and in my theatre (this was on a Thursday night with a jacked up crowd), the response was largely muted.

Not picking on your post. But much of what you have posted lately in this thread has been negative about Man of Steel, Zack Snyder and this movie. Could it be no matter what reaction occurred to the BvS trailer, perception-wise you would gravitate towards confirmation this movie will bomb?

:foryou:

Not picking on your post. But much of what you have posted lately in this thread has been negative about Man of Steel, Zack Snyder and this movie. Could it be no matter what reaction occurred to the BvS trailer, perception-wise you would gravitate towards confirmation this movie will bomb disappoint?

Fixed it for you. Yes. And like you, I try to be positive and open-minded, much the way you and I were in the months and weeks preceding Fantastic Four, and our optimism was punished once the full product was revealed. I am a DC fan. I want SupesvBats to hit a grand slam. My eyes don't like what they see, which, among other things, is an over-saturation of CGI (fake "outdoor" shots, fake capes, etc.), muted colors (at this point, why don't they just put Superman and Wonder Woman in black outfits and shoot the whole film in B&W?), an apparent misuse of a classic super-villain, and a redux of Godzilla laying waste (ho-hum, again) to a large cartoon city. Hope my perceptions are wrong once the final product is released.

I think it's going to be DC's biggest movie and hit or break $1BIL. We'll see.

Fixed it for you. Yes. And like you, I try to be positive and open-minded, much the way you and I were in the months and weeks preceding Fantastic Four, and our optimism was punished once the full product was revealed. I am a DC fan. I want SupesvBats to hit a grand slam. My eyes don't like what they see, which, among other things, is an over-saturation of CGI (fake "outdoor" shots, fake capes, etc.), muted colors (at this point, why don't they just put Superman and Wonder Woman in black outfits and shoot the whole film in B&W?), an apparent misuse of a classic super-villain, and a redux of Godzilla laying waste (ho-hum, again) to a large cartoon city. Hope my perceptions are wrong once the final product is released.

Oh, I know too well what a letdown that can be. Those early trailers of FF seemed promising. In the end, Fox threw away so much potential.

Don't lose faith yet with BvS. Not yet anyway. We'll know very soon how close or distant it is from success.

Not picking on your post. But much of what you have posted lately in this thread has been negative about Man of Steel, Zack Snyder and this movie. Could it be no matter what reaction occurred to the BvS trailer, perception-wise you would gravitate towards confirmation this movie will bomb disappoint?

Fantastic Four was plagued with problems during production AND it looked like a stinker from the trailers.

This movie has blockbuster written all over it. It may not be Citizen Kane, but it's going to be awesome.