• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Gets A Much More Detailed UK Synopsis

“Following his titanic struggle against General Zod, Metropolis has been razed to the ground and Superman is the most controversial figure in the world. While for many he is still an emblem of hope, a growing number of people consider him a threat to humanity, seeking justice for the chaos he has brought to Earth.

As far as Bruce Wayne is concerned, Superman is clearly a danger to society. He fears for the future of the world with such a reckless power left ungoverned, and so he dons his mask and cape to right Superman’s wrongs. The rivalry between them is furious, fueled by bitterness and vengeance, and nothing can dissuade them from waging this war. However, a dark new threat arises in the form of a third man: one who has a power greater than either of them to endanger the world and cause total destruction.

The superhero stand-off that the world has been waiting for is finally arriving in cinemas, with an all-star cast bringing to life the characters we all love. Zack Snyder (300) returns as director following the huge success of 2013’s Man of Steel, along with Henry Cavill (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) in the role of Superman. Also starring Ben Affleck (Gone Girl) as Batman, Amy Adams (American Hustle) as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot (Fast & Furious 7) as Wonder Woman, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is an explosive, action-packed blockbuster that is sure to thrill DC fans everywhere.”

I was told by a few people at work today how Target has some of the Batman v Superman figures out already. Though a forumite had informed me the other day.

At least I'm known as the comic geek at work.

:whee:

Zack Snyder has a lot more Batman v Superman surprises in store

The latest trailer for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE faced some criticisms that it gave away too much of the film, including a surprise villain, but director Zack Snyder spoke with MTV News recently and seemed confident that the film will still contain plenty of surprises for audiences.

"I have the benefit of seeing the movie. It’s cool that they think it’s too much and I appreciate people not wanting to know. But there’s plenty that they don’t know. There’s a lot of movie that’s not in the trailer."

Assuming Snyder is correct and that there are many more surprises in store once BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE hits theaters, it's his hope that none of it leaks online as he's not the biggest fan of spoilers.

"Of course I hate it when any spoilers come out! You design the movie as a story that evolves as you watch it, so moment-to-moment [you’re thinking], ‘Oh my god, what’s going to happen next? Are they gonna live? Are they gonna die?’ So you want that experience for the audience, as much as you can. If you’re, as an audience member, exploring these articles, looking for answers to questions that you have, maybe you’re okay with knowing before you go. It’s like an individual taste. But like I said, I want people to see the movie without knowing."

Saw the trailer for this when we went to see SW. Left me lukewarm. Of course, I'll see this one (if only for the Bats/Supes battle), but nothing like the excitement of seeing the Avengers trailers. :(

I wonder if they'll do an early ticket sale for this film as they did for The Force Awakens.

I had read an article talking about early ticket sales overseas. Turns out it is Germany, which is why the International Trailer releases were coming from there.

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' ticket sales news: Pre-order in Germany begins; site listing suggests 151 minutes run time

Shooting Star's LLC and VOX Cinemas is giving you the opportunity to become the poster, to become Batman and Superman. Their new augmented reality camera allows you to pose for a picture while looking like a true superhero. The augmented reality booth will be available for use from January 8 to January 16 at Mall of Emirates in Dubai.

I wonder if they'll do an early ticket sale for this film as they did for The Force Awakens.

I'm hoping so. Does anyone know if there will be a midnight release on Thursday?

:wishluck:

Seems like they do Thursday 7pm and 10pm showings of pretty much every mainstream release these days.