• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

batman-v-superman-rock-em-sock-em-165887.jpg

The Rock em Sock em Robots are getting a Batman v Superman makeover, courtesy of DC Collectibles. The game runs $29.99 and should hit stores later this month.

They feature Batman in his "Bat-Armor" from the film, and Superman in his film costume (with some interesting bright blue highlights). It's played just like any other rock em sock em game, with buttons for each of the fists - land a good hit to the chin and you'll see your foe's head pop up.

ovNp8Eq.png

Check out these Kotobukiya ARTFX+ Batman vs. Superman statues, which retail for $69.99 each and are currently available for pre-order.

"Combine the two ARTFX+ statues together at the base to replicate the epic battle everyone has been waiting for! The ARTFX+ Batman and Superman are sold separately so that they can also be displayed by themselves. As the Man of Steel swings his punches at Batman, Gotham's vigilante guards himself with one arm, with his fist pulled back ready to strike at Superman. The 1/10 scale ARTFX+ Batman V Superman statues include all the intricate details at an easier to collect size. Don't miss the chance to own the two most famous DC Comics heroes!"

Available May 2016.

Ok finally saw a short commercial. Why anyone would think Affdrek would be good Bats/Wayne, must have missed the DD movie. This is as much of a bad casting decision as having Cage play Supes, which thankfully didn't happen.

Edited by Spidey-fan73

Neat 30 sec. teaser of Superman ripping off Batman's mask during the Pats/Chiefs game this afternoon.

#gopats

Nothing new though. Same scenes recycled from the previous trailers.

Great game. Edelman was only a slightly rusty from what I could tell. Was really surprised at how well he played considering how long he's been on the side line. Was worried about Gronk too, but he played fine as well.

On to Denver (sorry Steeler fans, don't think your team stands a chance tomorrow).

Neat 30 sec. teaser of Superman ripping off Batman's mask during the Pats/Chiefs game this afternoon.

#gopats

Nothing new though. Same scenes recycled from the previous trailers.

Great game. Edelman was only a slightly rusty from what I could tell. Was really surprised at how well he played considering how long he's been on the side line. Was worried about Gronk too, but he played fine as well.

On to Denver (sorry Steeler fans, don't think your team stands a chance tomorrow).

You caught me. I think I only watched one of the first teasers so far and I'm not up to date on everything that has come out. It was my first time seeing what Deadpool looks like tonight as well.

Yeah, after the week Jones & Gronk had, I figured the season would have been over before 8pm tonight. But, they played very strong. I figure the Steelers will be sunk tomorrow as well, but it will be definitely an interesting game with Manning starting.

I have to agree. Why is it that I feel connected to Cap and Winter Soldier and Black Widow and Starlord but the BvS trailers are doing nothing for me.

I'm going to try to like this movie but so far I'm just not feeling it DC/WB.

To try to play Devil's Advocate, have you given the DC TV side a sample? hm

USA TODAY: New Batman Ben Affleck 'inspired' by his superhero director Zack Snyder

Affleck may do more than just wear the cape and cowl, with trades reporting over the summer he planned to co-write, direct and star in a solo Batman film. Which sounds cool to us. YOU GO, #BATFLECK.

"I’ll just say going through the process, I would never have imagined that I could or would direct a movie like this. And in working with (Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder) and seeing what he did and watching him every day, I got really inspired by that and by seeing the scope on which he was telling the story, by seeing what he was able to do with this kind of mythic story on a grand scale."

hm

Is that a 'Yes'?

I'm almost ashamed to admit that as this movie nears, I find my (initially insane) enthusiasm seems to be waning a bit. Maybe it's because of hype fatigue or the number of scenes we've seen already, but now I'm more in the camp of "I just hope this is not gonna suck" than "Man, this is gonna rock. Can't wait".

I'm almost ashamed to admit that as this movie nears, I find my (initially insane) enthusiasm seems to be waning a bit. Maybe it's because of hype fatigue or the number of scenes we've seen already, but now I'm more in the camp of "I just hope this is not gonna suck" than "Man, this is gonna rock. Can't wait".

That is how I am kind of starting to feel. I will go see it no matter what, but I feel kind of neutral about the whole thing.

While on the other hand I am even more jazzed to see Captain America: Civil War than I was five months ago.

My index for seeing Batman V Superman is going down while my index for Captain America is going up.

That is how I am kind of starting to feel. I will go see it no matter what, but I feel kind of neutral about the whole thing.

While on the other hand I am even more jazzed to see Captain America: Civil War than I was five months ago.

My index for seeing Batman V Superman is going down while my index for Captain America is going up.

I'm the opposite. But when considering the Big Two in comics, I am more a DC nerd than Marvel. Not to say I don't love my Spider-Man, X-Men and Captain America comics.

It may be what you appreciate more that matters the most with these movies. Though I do hope they all succeed so the cinema beast keeps fed.

:wishluck:

Here's my prediction: no matter what the movie is.....someone is going to complain.

By the same token there will be those that think it's the best thing sinced sliced bread.

Nostradamus out.....

I think this falls in line with a lot of people. While Nolan did his thing, DC has yet to prove they can do anything live action that endears itself to the pop culture now. This movie is going to make a lot of money no matter what, they know that, but I think being on the fence on whether Zack Snyder can deliver on a movie that captures the imagination and takes some of that Marvelish benefit of the doubt and excitement that they just seem to lack.

Right now they are trying to sell us new Batman and Superman. I know some people really dislike that Superman movie, but it's fine, it's just not something that got people excited in the aftermath in the way much smaller properties did like Antman and Guardians. My only complaint really that I would have forgiven everything for was that always just wish Superman was inspiring. The only part in that film that was inspiring to me was his moms. There seems to be trepidation with DC heavy hitters (Wonder Woman etc) while we all sit here kind of comfortable that Doctor Strange is going to be DOPE.

Marvel has really mastered "the feels" something DC kind of has with Flash TV, but Marvel has done on it on that platform that makes billions, not the CW.

Personally while I'm going to catch them all, I'm more excited about Deadpool than Batman, and I know that sounds silly, but the DC movies are like watching The Leftovers. Technically a fine show, some cool stuff, but damn that world is a drag.

I do think Affleck will be just fine though, and I'm excited more for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, because I'm just kind of over all these Batmen and Supermen, I'm ready for the DC universe.