• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Don't forget Luthor. He sucked bull wiener.

Is there an extended "Martha" scene in the new version. That had to be the single worst piece of acting/-script writing I have seen in recent memory.

I heard on the grapevine Mod 6 is planning to introduce a Martha Scene complaint tax...

I purchased and watched the extended cut of this film tonight.

While I am not exactly sure what was added I do have to say I enjoyed this viewing.

It seemed to flow better, perhaps it also benefitted from this being the second time I have seen this film, but I actually quite liked it this time around.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I agree it was better, but certain things still needed to be fixed. I'm still a little confused why the Flash in the Justice League movie looks different than B vs S, hair, goatee and all. I prefer his look in Justice League compared to B vs S, just confused why there was no continuity. Some things in B vs S are still a little confusing if you are not a comic book fan or have friends who are. Captain America Civil War did not have that problem and is now my new gold standard in which to compare other super hero films to.

I think we should let Ax take this one... ;)

He's a hippy from an alternate future... :)

While I am not exactly sure what was added I do have to say I enjoyed this viewing.

It seemed to flow better, perhaps it also benefitted from this being the second time I have seen this film, but I actually quite liked it this time around.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I agree it was better, but certain things still needed to be fixed. I'm still a little confused why the Flash in the Justice League movie looks different than B vs S, hair, goatee and all. I prefer his look in Justice League compared to B vs S, just confused why there was no continuity. Some things in B vs S are still a little confusing if you are not a comic book fan or have friends who are. Captain America Civil War did not have that problem and is now my new gold standard in which to compare other super hero films to.

He's a hippy from an alternate future... :)

lol

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I know they are the same actor. :makepoint: Just not sure why they chose to physically portray him that way in B vs S. As mentioned I liked how they physically portrayed him in the Justice League trailer.

Hippie that's a good one! I was thinking more hipster.

Is there an extended "Martha" scene in the new version. That had to be the single worst piece of acting/-script writing I have seen in recent memory.

I heard on the grapevine Mod 6 is planning to introduce a Martha Scene complaint tax...

They really "Nuked the Fridge" with that one. meh

That'll be $2 please... :taptaptap:

The Martha scene is arguably the most plausible scene in the whole movie, yet has received the most criticism. The big armoured Bat-guy stops fighting the irradiated super-alien, the fantasy halts and they bond over something as everyday as a shared name. It just goes to show the general audience doesn't want realism, just fantasy. In actual fact, that scene is a masterpiece. I was always curious about both their mothers being called "Martha" and now I realise why. That scene has been 75 years in the making... ;)

The Martha scene is arguably the most plausible scene in the whole movie, yet has received the most criticism. The big armoured Bat-guy stops fighting the irradiated super-alien, the fantasy halts and they bond over something as everyday as a shared name. It just goes to show the general audience doesn't want realism, just fantasy. In actual fact, that scene is a masterpiece. I was always curious about both their mothers being called "Martha" and now I realise why. That scene has been 75 years in the making... ;)

More plausible would have been Clark spilling everything before the fight.

How about Clark floats down to an armored Bruce.

"Bruce you've been tricked. Lex kidnapped my mother, Martha and he's going ki..." (Clark)

"Martha? My mother was named Martha." (Bruce)

"Wow, that's coincidence right out of the opening of Magnolia" (Clark)

"That was a great movie. Let's go save her!" (Bruce)

"Bruce you've been tricked. Lex kidnapped my mother, Martha and he's going ki..." (Clark)

You were selling it right up until Magnolia... ;)

You were selling it right up until Magnolia... ;)

Just watched it a few weeks ago for an article on coincidences in The Queen City.

When I watched B v S, I thought Ricky Jay's narration was going to appear, "This cannot be one of those things that happens. Oh no, not that..." lol

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I know they are the same actor. :makepoint: Just not sure why they chose to physically portray him that way in B vs S. As mentioned I liked how they physically portrayed him in the Justice League trailer.

My guess would be he chose to change his image when he became the Flash. Long hair isn't going to sit well under that "helmet".

8/10 now, (thumbs u

My guess would be he chose to change his image when he became the Flash. Long hair isn't going to sit well under that "helmet".

The metahuman video of Barry Allen in the grocery store looked to be him as a teenager. From the Justice League teaser and the changes in his looks (cleancut and more weight), this is him a few years later. Wouldn't you think?

8/10 now, (thumbs u

The metahuman video of Barry Allen in the grocery store looked to be him as a teenager. From the Justice League teaser and the changes in his looks (cleancut and more weight), this is him a few years later. Wouldn't you think?

(shrug)

8/10 now, (thumbs u

(shrug)

Sounds like it is time for you to go back and watch the movie again.

:baiting:

With the dream sequence, that is a Barry Allen from a different timeline which is where Injustice Gods comes into play. So that can add a little bit of confusion what is going on.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

Agreed- that's what I thought.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

(shrug)

Sounds like it is time for you to go back and watch the movie again.

:baiting:

With the dream sequence, that is a Barry Allen from a different timeline which is where Injustice Gods comes into play. So that can add a little bit of confusion what is going on.

Except he also looked like a hippie in the convenience store when it was getting robbed. Same as in the dream sequence. If the the dream sequence shows an older Barry (hippie) and the convenience store shows a younger Barry (hippie), then what period does the Justice League movie show?

All these points are valid to what a terrible movie this was. What about that time traveling thing that takes place. Was that a dream? What was the point of that?

No, it's a walk-out-of-the-theater moment and one of the dumbest things ever filmed.

No, it's a walk-out-of-the-theater moment and one of the dumbest things ever filmed.

This. Bats planned this big plot to kill Supes but once he finds out that his mothers name is also Martha they are instantly best buds. Another classic DC moment. :facepalm: Wait until Aquaman finds out that his pet tuna named Charlie could now be in a can on the shelf of some grocery store, all hell will break loose.

Edited by Silver Surfer