• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I've just watched the Ultimate Edition Blu-ray.

Theatrical Version - Not bad at all until Lex Luthor appears, and despite his manic behaviour the film starts to feel extremely leaden and poorly paced, persistently so. Pleased I didn't watch it at the cinema.

Ultimate Edition - The extra material gives much improved pacing, much more engaging and watchable, and overall a very enjoyable super-hero film. Also, some of the plot points are better explained, the film clearer and less confusing.

Affleck is great as Batman, real weight in his punches, looks like an intimidating bruiser in his fight scenes, fine as Bruce Wayne.

Wonder Woman - a great version, obviously set up as DC's Captain America with her force-negating bracelets and shield, and the fast, acrobatic fighting style.

It would be more interesting if Yuga Khan rather than Steppenwolf was the villain hinted at.

Overall, the Ultimate Edition extended cut was definitely a good purchase.

I never noticed the comic books on Wonder Woman's bed (that is really cool).

And I agree with you, Ken Aldred. Where I liked the Theatrical Cut. I really like the Ultimate Cut.

:applause:

Just re-watched the movie (saw it in the theaters) yesterday. I enjoyed it better this time. I liked it the first time as well, but definitely was better on the second viewing.

Wonder Woman is the highlight. Steals every scene she's in. Really looking forward to the solo movie.

Eisenberg was better on this viewing as well. Not really the Luthor that I would have gone with, but he was pretty good.

I liked Batfleck the first time around and still like him. I actually think he's just as good as the Bale version. Plus, the suit is by far the best one.

I still think it was a little too long. They could've cut out the Bats origin (done too many times already) and also the "Nightmare" scene.

It was the first time for the wife seeing it. She liked it as well. Didn't complain about the length. She thought the Nightmare scene was "stupid" and unnecessary. She also said the worst part was the "Martha" thing. It got a groan followed by a "Lame!".

I had to do a little bit of explaining on some of the things to connect the dots. I think that's maybe why some people had an issue with it. It leaves a lot up to the viewer to make those connections. Probably why it flowed better for me the second time around.

One complaint that I didn't have when watching it in the theater was just the way that it was shot. I'm not sure it maybe it was my TV or feed, but it was incredibly "jerky". Still, I'd watch it again.

Anyone else catch the comics on wonder woman's bed in the extended? Looks like an Action Comics, Detective Comics and a few others. Pretty cool!

4F80DDD8-0AC5-4C2D-A91C-BD33B6E749CC.jpg

I think I see Action 1, Detective 31, and Detective 27.

I wonder if they are just props or someone's actual copies?

There was that Action Comics 1 CGC 6.0 they had on display at the Superman 75th anniversary party a few folks were taking pictures in front of.

4lUm7sk.png

Geoff Johns & Diane Lane Discuss Martha Scene In Batman V Superman

Like it or not, the "Martha Scene" in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been a bone of contention with moviegoers (and rightfully so). Now listen to Geoff Johns, an Executive Producer on the film, and Diane Lane, the actress who portrayed Martha Kent, discuss the pivotal moment.

"The movie uses a great unifying thing, right? Martha," says Johns. "They both have a deep connection to their parents, whether their parents are alive or dead. And that one word 'Martha' I think is a really cool connection. They share that, and they obviously share a lot. Because even despite their differences, at the root of it all, they are allies and friends."

Lane added, "Superman and Batman certainly entered the superhero business from opposite roads, yet they have similar histories. There's the loss of your original family, so they're both orphans. And I don't think Batman sees Superman as human until he realizes that he has mother. And I think, when Batman makes the decision to rescue Martha, Superman's mother, in a way he's redeeming his own sense of powerlessness he had when he could not save his own mother."

Batman V Superman And Batman: The Killing Joke Top Disc Sales Charts Again

batmanvsuperman-killingjoke-195536.jpg

For the fourth week in a row, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice held the top spot on the NPD VideoScan First Alert sales chart (DVD and Blu-ray sales), and for the second consecutive week, the R-rated animated film Batman: The Killing Joke took second-place.

As for Blu-ray Disc-only chart, Batman v Superman was also No. 1 there as well, and last week's champ, The Killing Joke, slid into second.

Meanwhile, Disney's Zootopia came in third on both charts.

"On the overall disc sales chart, 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool shot back up to No. 4 from No. 10 the previous week," reports Home Media Magazine, "while the No. 5 spot went to the newly released cartoon Scooby-Doo! and WWE: The Curse of the Speed Demon, a direct-to-video release."