• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cheetah runs
4 4

585 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I have a hard time choosing my favorite Fiction House sci-fi cover.  It's always one of these 9, but not always the same one day to day.

FHSciFi.jpg

Lovely choices and beautiful copies as usual.

I like a lot of FH covers for a lot of reasons.  Often, it is just the quality of the copy and the brilliance of the colors.  A lot of the Church books have always stood out to me because of this.  My scans do not always live up to the book in hand so I remember the book for its brilliance but am underwhelmed by the scans I have left of it.  These are some of the ones that stand out to me from the titles I collected.  i intentionally didn't duplicate the ones others have shown.  Alan's have always been superior copies to anything I ever held.

Jumbo146.jpgJungle140.jpg

Jungle037.jpgFight11.jpg

Fight49_zpsfe0caed0.jpgFight79804x1280_zps9fc6b356.jpg

Rangers39.jpgRangers62.jpg

Wings61001.jpgWings87.jpg

Planet35.jpgPlanet39.jpg

Kaanga9_zps5afc76bf.jpg

Edited by cheetah

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

@cheetah, that Fight 11 is an eye melter.

My only disappointment with it is the lack of strong reds.  I only ever saw one other copy and it had worse coloring.  Still a great cover with an atypical subject for FH.

13 minutes ago, cheetah said:

My only disappointment with it is the lack of strong reds.  I only ever saw one other copy and it had worse coloring.  Still a great cover with an atypical subject for FH.

..and it's a near-impossible book, which is a perennial dilemma - do you take the one in front of you or risk never having one by waiting for another to come along that might or might not have better colors. I doze my way through most auctions, but occasionally get woken up. Don't know if you tracked the Jon Berk Auction, Jeff? If not, here's the one book I had to have.

Planet Comics #18 CGC 8.0.jpg

1 minute ago, Flex Mentallo said:

..and it's a near-impossible book, which is a perennial dilemma - do you take the one in front of you or risk never having one by waiting for another to come along that might or might not have better colors. I doze my way through most auctions, but occasionally get woken up. Don't know if you tracked the Jon Berk Auction, Jeff? If not, here's the one book I had to have.

Planet Comics #18 CGC 8.0.jpg

That is beautiful.  I only heard about Jon passing away later.  I did not see the auction at all.  I should go back and look at the heritage magazine that covered it.  IIRC, he had the original cover art to Pkanet 1.