• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

After reading some of the early comments on here about episode two, I'll watch it with episode three at once and hope some momentum is established.

That really helped me with Walking dead season 2. I watched the episodes as they aired and felt the season was somewhat flat with exception of the last episode. Then when I bought the boxed set I watched the entire season in one sitting and I was blown away. Absolutely love it now.

You are correct, it will absolutely aid the viewing experience.

After reading some of the early comments on here about episode two, I'll watch it with episode three at once and hope some momentum is established.

1) don't let anyone influence you, although

2) that might be a great idea.

:)

-slym

I just watched the second episode. So far I've been very underwhelmed. It's like Agent Coulson with the cast of Saved By the Bell. The action sequences are directed like a bad 80s action flick. All the dialogue is rushed and there's no character development. Ugh. I hope it gets better quickly.

Agreed. It's like Marvel's Agents of G.L.E.E. or S.H.I.E.L.D. 90210. They've got a couple of token grown-ups in the cast, but it's mostly good-looking kids to go after the younger CW network demographic. But, it airs at 8pm and is about as edgy as a bowling ball. It's just not working.

Coulson is clearly a clone/android/LMD. Either that or Clark Gregg is the worst actor of all time, as he's playing the role with robotic-like stiffness. I suspect it's intentional, but to have an unglamorous, middle-aged dude purposely acting without charisma in the lead role is just adding unnecessary blandness to the already bland show (Agents of B.L.A.N.D.?) I'm not sure how Ming-Na Wen (5'4" on a good day and nearly 50 years old) got cast in her role; she's just not a credible a$$-kicker to me. Brett Dalton as Ward is about as useful to the show as a chocolate teapot - could they have found a blander side of beefcake for the part? He and the rest of the cast could have been rejects from any show on the CW network, with the exception that two of them have foreign accents. :facepalm:

This show is proving to be the worst of all worlds - a horrifically sucky show that I feel compelled to watch because it's S.H.I.E.L.D. (was always a big fan of the comics). I mean, AoS is making that Nick Fury movie starring Hasselhoff look good. Hopefully it will get even worse so I will have no choice but to drop it from my viewing rotation, because I can't see it getting good enough to be worth watching on its own merits.

i'm not regretting my decision to give this show a complete pass

It turns out the average age of a CIA employee is 29 according to this article. One third are women. 12 percent are minorities. 75 percent speak foreign languages.

http://www.examiner.com/article/young-cia-recruits-offer-america-broader-margin-of-safety

Samuel Jackson (64 IRL)

Gregg Clark (51 IRL)

Ming Na Wen (49 IRL)

Colbie Smulders (Maria Hill) 31 years old IRL.

Elizabeth Henstridge 26 IRL

Iain De Caestecker 26 IRL

Brett Dalton (Ward) 28-29 IRL possibly. BA from UC Berkeley. MFA in Acting from Yale School of Drama (3 years) in 2011

CHloe Bennett 22 IRL

Edited by sckao

Who knew a side-by-side, break action, shotgun makes the same "racking" noise that a pump action does?

lol

I don't think we are going to see anything close to a villain named "Graviton."

:(

-slym

I'm guessing we might see "Graviton" sometime in the near future now...

I almost expected the final scene to be him emerging from the graviton stuff.

I actually liked the villain in this one. Kind of hope they bring him back as the big bad.

Ok I'm tired of not seeing a build up arc in this show third episode and nothing being build upon who build the weapon in the first episode and the ending was not surprising at all I saw that coming a mile away.

After three episodes, I think it's pretty clear that all we're going to get is an 8pm time-slotted, youth-targeted show more cut out for ABC Family or the Disney Channel than the hardcore S.H.I.E.L.D. series most of us were all hoping for. It's not the worst thing on TV, but tonight's episode should have dashed all remaining hope that the series will have much more to offer than what we've already seen thus far. 2c

HEROES was 50x better than this show...they better do something interesting...soon...or they are going to lose everyone

If you recall, Heroes took damn near the entire first season before ANYTHING happened.