• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

He has killed Shield members. Shot those 2 guards at the Fridge in the head. I don't think he can reform. odds are he saves Skye with his own life ala Dark Vader and gets redemption in that way but I cant see him on the Shield side anymore .

He's already argued with Paxton about Skye, I still think he's been brainwashed. You might be right about saving her...or he might be his own evil twin brother. Remember that they have HINTED at his past.

He has killed Shield members. Shot those 2 guards at the Fridge in the head. I don't think he can reform. odds are he saves Skye with his own life ala Dark Vader and gets redemption in that way but I cant see him on the Shield side anymore .

He's already argued with Paxton about Skye, I still think he's been brainwashed. You might be right about saving her...or he might be his own evil twin brother. Remember that they have HINTED at his past.

How many good guys did Bucky Barnes kill as Wintro? He's been redeemed

I think the difference is that Winter Solider is brainwashed correct ? and Grant Ward admitted he was a plant to infiltrate Shield on his own because John Garret saved his life and he owed him. He wasnt brainwashed and he knew what he was doing.

But there is a way out ofcourse

I could see them saying that Ward was a plant for Shield to infiltrate Hydra (Since they knew he had a personal relationship with Garret) before he was a plant of Hydra and he seems to be the one killing Shield member's (not Garret) so maybe its all a set up. Blanks in the gun that he used to kill the Shield members (They are in on it) at the Fridge and Victoria Hand etc. Was all a long con by Grant to infiltrate Hydra. Only Nick Fury and Hand knew. Thats the way they can do it.

Grant Ward admitted he was a plant to infiltrate Shield on his own because John Garret saved his life and he owed him. He wasnt brainwashed and he knew what he was doing.

It certainly seemed so.

Unless Garrett brainwashed a teenaged Ward.

Everyone's just being cagey and trying to scoop up all the first appearances of The Griffin they can find, right?

As for Ward, there's no way they killed off Hand like that, so there's certainly something more going on than him being an agent of Hydra.

Do you remember the look that Coulson and Ward gave each other when Ward suggested he go along with bringing Paxton to The Fridge a couple episodes ago? All this is a play.

Do you remember the look that Coulson and Ward gave each other when Ward suggested he go along with bringing Paxton to The Fridge a couple episodes ago? All this is a play.

I hope not, as it would be totally unbelievable and incredibly lame if this was all some kind of ploy, especially since Ward's actions either directly or indirectly led to the deaths of many agents at The Fridge (and there's no way I'm believing Garrett wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't really killed the agents in the elevator or the agents on the plane, including Hand), as well as springing numerous prisoners and weapons of mass destruction. If he was trying to take down HYDRA from within, why even join Coulson's team if he already had an in with Garrett?

The show has just hit its stride in the past 2-3 episodes; it would be a horrible travesty if they were to do something incredibly intelligence-insulting like making Ward a good guy after all this. Also, why did they have to make Koenig such a joke? That's the kind of stupidity that I thought the show was successfully moving away from. :mad: Otherwise, it was a very good episode, though.

nothing

Forreals?? That sucks..

Deathlok is a recurring character, but not a regular. He will for sure be back.

I hope not, as it would be totally unbelievable and incredibly lame if this was all some kind of ploy, especially since Ward's actions either directly or indirectly led to the deaths of many agents at The Fridge (and there's no way I'm believing Garrett wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't really killed the agents in the elevator or the agents on the plane, including Hand), as well as springing numerous prisoners and weapons of mass destruction. If he was trying to take down HYDRA from within, why even join Coulson's team if he already had an in with Garrett?

The show has just hit its stride in the past 2-3 episodes; it would be a horrible travesty if they were to do something incredibly intelligence-insulting like making Ward a good guy after all this. Also, why did they have to make Koenig such a joke? That's the kind of stupidity that I thought the show was successfully moving away from. :mad: Otherwise, it was a very good episode, though.

Yeah, I see him more as a kind of Faith kind of character. Not beyond redemption. But not a good guy.

Might have to consider Fury forsaw this but had no proof. Put Ward in as an early possible double agent for when/if the poop eventually hit the fan. How his character can develop in that he knew he might have to kill good guys (maybe quite a few) and when it's revealed he's a triple agent, he'll have to deal with those consequences himself as well as the team around him.

Maybe that's why Coulson is so freaked out about Fury, and why Fury went to such lengths to save his life...he might be the only person besides Ward who knows about all this Hydra stuff.

Make sure you get all the variant issues! :grin:

Agents-of-SHIELD_providence.jpg

This isn't a variant for a comic that I am aware of. This is a limited edition (ltd to 100) poster that Paolo designed for marvelstore.com it is $50 and measures approx 16"x24"

There is going to be a poster per episode (starting the week before last w/ Turn Turn Turn and running for a few weeks.)

Edited by Mangbus

+1

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can make a "good guy" a cold-blooded murderer who shows no reluctance or empathy for what he's done. I don't see Ward coming back, ever. He knew what he was doing, admitted he knew what his role was and willingly did it.

I'm hoping Ward gets relegated to "guest star" and comes back as the ocassional bad guy. Between him and the actress who plays Mae, I can't figure out who the worse actor is. But, with that being said - I really like the show. I'll likely follow it until they run it off the air.

Or, as someone said, I can see him sacrificing himself to save another - which I'm not sure would be worth doing at this point. He's been cast as the guy-we-don't-like, saving him from that wouldn't be worth doing.