• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

If Ward is not undercover, they are going to have to find a new leading man type because Coulson just isn't it.

Bill Paxton has a certain presence whenever he is onscreen with Clark Gregg, and yeah, he tends to overshadow him. Clark Gregg is a fine supporting actor, but it's clear neither him nor his character are leading man type material. Even when he is angry and shouting, he reminds me of my 12th grade Chemistry teacher, who was never particularly intimidating either.

If Ward is not undercover, they are going to have to find a new leading man type because Coulson just isn't it.

I don't think he is undercover because he killed Hand. It makes more sense now that he killed the false Clairvoyant.

More likely he is under some sort of mind control, a pre-determined implant that was activated by the Clarvoyant. For the last few episodes Ward has appeared "off" to me as if he is under some form of inner duress.

More likely he is under some sort of mind control, a pre-determined implant that was activated by the Clarvoyant. For the last few episodes Ward has appeared "off" to me as if he is under some form of inner duress.

I agree...they can't get rid of him, he's in love with Skye...and either he's under some kind of influence, or he's just a terrible actor;)

Probably triggered by the 'remember-that-one-time' story that Paxson's character repeatedly tells...

Remember, even though there are a LOT of attractive females, the producers are not just catering to males, lol.

There needs to be a good looking youngish male lead and Fitz is not it.

he may be sticking around, but I'm not buying "that he's in love with her".

The casting is still off with the show but the storyline has definitely improved and the tie in with winter soldier was very smart.

I love the direction of the story. My theory is that we are seeing the introduction of Thanos and the Kree. They keep on mentioning the coming of a great power. I believe they are talking about Thanos and he will be using the Kree to attack. Now here is where it gets wonky. I believe Sky has been given Kree blood which will turn her into a version of Ms Marvel. I'm not sure what that makes coulson. Can't picture Captain Marvel or Nova but is there a character I'm missing.

At this point Shield will have to come back for Season 2 so that Marvel can tease out the time between Guardians and Avengers 2. If they stay in this direction, I believe they can tease out Thanos and lay the groundwork for the start of the Civil War storyline. It's too early to think they can tap into an Infinity Gauntlet storyline but man this has potential to be a great series.

The latest episode was what I wanted to see from this series from the beginning - lots of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (not just three senior agents babysitting three kids), a big, unified menace (HYDRA), Marvel tie-ins and lots of action and unpredictability - not the cookie-cutter Scooby-Doo meets 90210 :spoon: we got for the first half of the season.

I still think they got the casting wrong, but, I will admit that every character has at least improved as the season has progressed. In any case, this was a genuinely very good episode. Hope to see more of this and less of what came before going forward. :wishluck:

Unless he used fake bullets and

she took the same thing Fury did to make himself appear to be dead.

But...

When they cut back to her lying dead on the floor, there was a pool of blood.

But...

You know how in the movies they use FAKE blood;)

If she knew about it before and it was a set up.

But...

You know how in the movies they use FAKE blood;)

If she knew about it before and it was a set up.

Seems likely to me.

Don't see wanton Vengeance against Paxton as in character after being wrong about Coulson.