• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Unless he used fake bullets and

she took the same thing Fury did to make himself appear to be dead.

But...

When they cut back to her lying dead on the floor, there was a pool of blood.

You know how in the movies they use FAKE blood;)

If she knew about it before and it was a set up.

+1

To me, the moment Ward insisted he go along to "lock the cell", it felt like things were being staged. Hand deciding to pass judgement in transit seemed out of place when she seems so "by the book" every other moment. I think Ward is undercover. I'm just guessing that, as unlikely as it is, Paxton didn't verify their "deaths".

So why in a thread called SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD does everyone feel the need to put things in spoiler tags?

lol

Double Spoiler Security for those that read the thread when they really don't want to? It's like when your PC asks you twice if you want to delete something, giving one last chance to turn back.

They could have been LMDs. We haven't seen any yet in the MU that I recall, but they have been referenced several times.

That's what I was thinking, too.

I'm completely turned around on the Ward thing. I really think it's a mistake to have a romance between he and Skye, as well.

So why in a thread called SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD does everyone feel the need to put things in spoiler tags?

Well, to be fair, the first one had a spoiler from some other source in it. If I had something that was beyond the show itself (which is what the spoiler-filled thread is about), then I'd be inclined to put it in spoiler tags. It's tough when movies tie in.

I saw some speculation on Skye. . . could she be an Inhuman? They have Kree bloodlines.

I still say, as the author/OP here, that spoiler tags are not needed here. The title of the thread is "Spoiler Filled thread about Agents Of SHIELD"... not saying I can stop anyone from using the tags, only saying they aren't necessary.

;)

-slym

I still say, as the author/OP here, that spoiler tags are not needed here. The title of the thread is "Spoiler Filled thread about Agents Of SHIELD"... not saying I can stop anyone from using the tags, only saying they aren't necessary.

;)

-slym

+1

Wouldn't Paxton's character know if Ward was Hydra? Or are people suggesting Ward is pretending to switch sides? What about the two guards he shot in the head and the innocent guy in the wheelchair he murdered?

;)

-slym

+1

+2

Wouldn't Paxton's character know if Ward was Hydra? Or are people suggesting Ward is pretending to switch sides? What about the two guards he shot in the head and the innocent guy in the wheelchair he murdered?

He just looked conflicted, so maybe he's been brainwashed with some super secret suggestion implanted making him shoot people as directed by the Clairvoyant or someone higher.

I don't know Marvel well enough, but didn't Jean Gray and Dr X have the ability to mentally force people to do things? Maybe there is someone else with those powers.

Or he could just be a terrible actor;)

I find it hard to believe Wards double crossing Hydra unless he's just flying by the seat of his pants. If he was in Hydra the whole time but is still with SHIELD that would mean someone in SHIELD knew about Hydra. Fury stated in Cap 2 that he didn't even know about it.

But maybe, when Coulson took Ward aside and you couldn't hear what was said after they saw Garrett in cuffs, they set something up.

Well, the whole premise about no one knowing about Hydra is a little shaky...after all, the recruiting must have been going on for a long time and there must have been SOME people who said no. Those people would have had to be killed or brainwashed so they would not blab...

You can't keep a secret with more than 2 people;)

It's fun to speculate, but it IS just all made up, lol;)

I think Ward is under some kind of mind control...perhaps he was still affected by Lorelei, so someone else could mind control him easily.

He was forced to shoot the guy in the wheel chair, because he was mentally convinced that person would kill Skye.

There is also that fight scene, where he saved Skye by beating up all the Hydra followers.

Besides, he's a terrible actor, but he's really cute, so I think they will keep him.

I nearly gave up on this show several times throughout the season, but I think the last three or four episodes have finally made the time investment worthwhile. I find this is now a show I've been looking forward to seeing, instead of something I'm just clearing off of the DVR. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but I'm hopeful!

I nearly gave up on this show several times throughout the season, but I think the last three or four episodes have finally made the time investment worthwhile. I find this is now a show I've been looking forward to seeing, instead of something I'm just clearing off of the DVR. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but I'm hopeful!

EXACTLY what I thought!! It's been getting much better.

Can anyone offer any reason (that at least would ring true in the context of the MCU) why anyone in the 21st century would want to belong to an organization like Hydra? I fear we're heading into Austin Powers-like absurdity with this plotline.

Well, the whole premise about no one knowing about Hydra is a little shaky...after all, the recruiting must have been going on for a long time and there must have been SOME people who said no. Those people would have had to be killed or brainwashed so they would not blab...

You can't keep a secret with more than 2 people;)

It's fun to speculate, but it IS just all made up, lol;)

I think Ward is under some kind of mind control...perhaps he was still affected by Lorelei, so someone else could mind control him easily.

He was forced to shoot the guy in the wheel chair, because he was mentally convinced that person would kill Skye.

There is also that fight scene, where he saved Skye by beating up all the Hydra followers.

Besides, he's a terrible actor, but he's really cute, so I think they will keep him.

They did mention that Garrett had killed some people that had found out. I also am not sure of Wards motivations behind killing the fake clairvoyant. Maybe it was about Skye or maybe that was just his excuse because he's Hydra.

Isn't the point of the boards to discuss made up stuff? :grin:

Can anyone offer any reason (that at least would ring true in the context of the MCU) why anyone in the 21st century would want to belong to an organization like Hydra? I fear we're heading into Austin Powers-like absurdity with this plotline.

Without going into some political rant, there are probably numerous people in this world who would want to join an organization that wants to tear down the existing "damaged" society, to build up what they would consider a better one. This is not a new concept in the history of man. While fantastical, it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility that something like this could occur, even in the 21st century.