• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Now we're talking. I'm really starting to enjoy the show more because of the new plot twists and the feeling that this show is taking on a bigger role in the marvel universe. The possible inhuman or Kree cosmic plots are huge. I don't love the actress who plays Skye bit I agree she will likely play a huge role for marvel. An original character would take some balls because there are so many existing big and small characters. Done right it could be awesome. Hopefully they don't cross promote this to death at the expense of the story. They need to get the role right on the show first.

Right now we are focused on Skye but I haven't heard much about Coulson? He has the same blood as Skye so where she goes, he goes. The rumor at the beginning of the season was he would become The Vision. Another actor was cast so we know that won't happen. Coulson is an original character from the movies so the possibilities are endless. Marvel seems to really like the actor so it could be a huge character. Crazy talk would be Black Bolt but that might be too out there. If it is Kree focused he could be Captain Marvel or Quasar. All just theories.... :popcorn:

Agree with most others here that the showed really improved half way through the season. I liked it from the beginning, but I have to say the quality of the acting and the plot really improved as the season progressed.

Also agree that Mae improved during the season. Seems she was too stiff at the beginning and then by the end of the season she may have been my favorite. Not sure how it happened, but Fitz and Simmons got a lot better at the end and I thought started contributing to the story in a more reasonable way.

I am glad that the were true to the developments with Ward and didn't turn it into some triple cross deal. It would have been completely disingenuous.

As to Nick Fury, I really liked the fact they gave him some significant screen time. Good interaction with him and Coulson and a fitting ending to the season.

All in all, I like it and look forward to next season.

:news: Update

Make sure you get all the variant issues! :grin:

Agents-of-SHIELD_providence.jpg

This isn't a variant for a comic that I am aware of. This is a limited edition (ltd to 100) poster that Paolo designed for marvelstore.com it is $50 and measures approx 16"x24"

There is going to be a poster per episode (starting the week before last w/ Turn Turn Turn and running for a few weeks.)

I know marvel did some other variant covers a few months ago. I've wanted to pick them up but haven't yet.

They are soliciting September Marvel:AoS covers for some of the various Marvel titles. They will be the posters that are on the Marvel.com store.

I will be after the Paolo Rivera one (too bad it won't be out in time to have him and Skye sign it in Tampa)

Edit: Link to more info > http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/21/marvel-comics-solicitations-for-august-2014-deadpools-daughter-agents-of-shield-variant-covers-and-only-four-classified-listings/

Edited by Mangbus

It's probably been said before in the thread, but it's like this with most television series. It takes time for the characters to develop and the actors to fit into their roles, and the writers coming in to make the most of it. It's an ensemble for sure, and the ensemble is starting to hit on all cylinders.

Earlier in the thread, I mentioned that I thought Bill Paxton brought a lot to the show, and it seems in retrospect that the show grew from there. He had a lot of face time and plenty of lines, and he did his job impressively. Maybe his coming on board, and his character helped steam roll the cast and the crew into believing. Maybe not, but these last half dozen or so episodes had me glued to the screen. Before I watched just hoping the show would survive. I sort of hated to see Garret go down.

Coulson, May, Simmons, Ward, and Deathlok are all at Comicpalooza this weekend. . . I'm going over to say "hello," so I'll just slip in, "Hey, is Skye an Inhuman?"

Really enjoyed how quickly his regeneration ended.

That was a bit silly, IMHO.

But a good episode otherwise.

I liked it. Mostly because when I saw him climbing into the chair, I was thinking "Oh gawd, he's coming back as Super Deathlok?" :eyeroll:

The Coulson smoked him and I laughed out loud - very glad they killed him off and didn't do something lame with his return.

I concur.

Just caught up with the last few episodes - really enjoyable.

Isn`t it amazing how much this show has improved since those first episodes?

:cloud9:

Absolutely - but I've found that to be the same for all Joss Wheedon shows that I've seen.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/570695/adrianne-palicki-joins-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-to-kick-butt-in-major-marvel-role?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-tvnews&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_tvnews

Adrianne Palicki is one of the most badass females in Hollywood, so it's only logical that she would join the Marvel universe to kick butt on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Friday Night Lights fan-favorite has joined the ABC series for season two in a major Marvel role, but her arrival may not mean good things for the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents desperately trying to put their old organization back together after Hydra tore it apart.

E! News has confirmed that Palicki will guest-star as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse, a.k.a. Mockingbird. Um, how amazing is that?! Don't worry, we'll answer for you: extremely amazing. In fact, this might even be enough to make us forget about Palicki's not-so-great turn as Wonder Woman in that unfortunate 2011 NBC pilot. At least, that's what we're hoping!

As first reported by THR, Palicki will appear in episode five of the new season of S.H.I.E.L.D., and could return in later episodes (which we're crossing our fingers for!).

Palicki's role of Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird was first teased at Comic-Con by Patton Oswalt (who guest-starred last season as Billy Koenig/Sam Koenig) when he revealed during the SHIELD panel that Life Model Decoys do exist in the S.H.I.E.L.D. universe, and Morse's character might show up on the series. Of course, we immediately started dream casting the role, but none of our ideas even came close to how perfect Palicki is as Mockingbird!

Palicki is hardly the only new face we'll see on S.H.I.E.L.D. this season. Kyle MacLachlan has been cast as Skye's (Chloe Bennet) mysterious father, Lucy Lawless will play S.H.I.E.L.D. veteran Isabelle Hartley, Reed Diamond joins as Hydra villain Daniel Whitehall/Kraken, while Nick Blood has been cast as a mercenary that Coulson (Clark Gregg) reaches out to for help, Henry Simmons will play agent Alphonso "Mac" Mackenzie and Simon Kassianides joins as Bakshi.