• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

anyone understand what was going on on last night's episode? I admit to falling asleep for a bit, and when I woke up they were exploring some underground caverns and there was weird happenings from the writing on the floor. The one guy went berserk and was super strong. I have no clue what was going on.

Anyone able to bring me up to speed?

Season 1 Agents of SHIELD showed up on Netflix and I have to say it's really good. I'm up tp the part that ties in with the Cap movie and the series' continuity is starting to solidify nicely. :popcorn:

I sampled a couple of episodes when it first aired and wasn't impressed. Maybe being commercial-free allows the storyline to flow better, or not waiting a week to continue ups the pacing. Whatever the reason it's MUCH better than I expected. :applause:

I found the first season much better then the second season so far.

I can`t figure out why though?

anyone understand what was going on on last night's episode? I admit to falling asleep for a bit, and when I woke up they were exploring some underground caverns and there was weird happenings from the writing on the floor. The one guy went berserk and was super strong. I have no clue what was going on.

It was like an NBA game -- you only needed to watch the last 15 minutes. Basically, the lost city is under El Moro castle in San Juan, Puerto Rico -- kudos to Marvel, they apparently filmed on location. [FREE BOARDIE FACT: THE DEEPEST POINT IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN IS THE PUERTO RICO TRENCH, AT 28,232 FEET, LOCATED JUST NORTH OF SAN JUAN -- WONDER IF THE TRENCH HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LOST CITY.] "Kree" are finally mentioned as the alien race responsible for the underground city, which we still don't get to see. SHIELD agent gets lowered into the hole that presumaly leads to the underground city, touches the floor, it hurts him big time, they reel him back up, hurt agent is now possessed with red eyes and goes berserk on Mockingjay, Mockingjay stuns him; the female Wonder Twin almost falls into the hole, but she is saved. Meanwhile, Ward and Hydra capture the Quinjet and take Skye prisoner.

Funny how it takes an entire season and a half to build up just one central story line, and we're only in what seems to be the middle innings. That's a problem with this show.

It was like an NBA game -- you only needed to watch the last 15 minutes. Basically, the lost city is under El Moro castle in San Juan, Puerto Rico -- kudos to Marvel, they apparently filmed on location. [FREE BOARDIE FACT: THE DEEPEST POINT IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN IS THE PUERTO RICO TRENCH, AT 28,232 FEET, LOCATED JUST NORTH OF SAN JUAN -- WONDER IF THE TRENCH HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LOST CITY.] "Kree" are finally mentioned as the alien race responsible for the underground city, which we still don't get to see. SHIELD agent gets lowered into the hole that presumaly leads to the underground city, touches the floor, it hurts him big time, they reel him back up, hurt agent is now possessed with red eyes and goes berserk on Mockingjay, Mockingjay stuns him; the female Wonder Twin almost falls into the hole, but she is saved. Meanwhile, Ward and Hydra capture the Quinjet and take Skye prisoner.

Funny how it takes an entire season and a half to build up just one central story line, and we're only in what seems to be the middle innings. That's a problem with this show.

Actually the problem with this show is SKYE. she was originally set up to be the main character (new person learning about a new world), but has zero appeal other than being pretty (which I agree has value), so she's more or less shelved (or just seems that way), and the writers have no where to go with her (maybe actresses fault, maybe writers fault). They could absolutely kill her off and no one would care.

Ok that is all the stuff I saw. I guess I didn't miss anything. Thanks for the post

show is awesome, there is no "problem" with it. if you dont enjoy, dont watch.

^^

I agree. They're doing what good series do.... introduce questions/mysteries and slowly take their time in answering those questions. My God, do you remember how long it took to get answers from the "Lost" TV series. I still don't think all the questions were answered from Lost, but I sure liked the journey.

I think Lost sucked balls, which is why I think this show sucks balls.

Again, if we didn't know it was a Marvel show and they didn't name-drop one time each episode it could be called something else and no one would have a clue.

This is not a show about anything Marvel. It's generic.

Hell, along the same lines that show "The Cape" could have been called "Moon Knight" if they'd just have name-dropped Daredevil or Spider-Man every other episode.

Peace,

Chip

I think Lost sucked balls, which is why I think this show sucks balls.

Chip

Lost was certainly slow at times, but once Lost hit the season 1 finale it had me hooked big time. I also really bonded with my kids watching that show which made it even better for me.

I'm not as hooked on AOS as I was on Lost, but it's the 1 show I really look forward to every week.

Edited by gadzukes

I'm not as hooked on AOS as I was on Lost, but it's the 1 show I really look forward to every week.

^^

I have tried to get into the other network comic shows, and other than Arrow they are too childish, which is frustrating, because Arrow is being cannibalized to help other bad shows do better.

Edited by CBT

Show isn't that bad. A little bit of mindless escape for an hour. Now, for my thoughts......

1) Kree teaser. Had to be done.

2) Less Ward this episode. Unless, of course, he will become the Taskmaster.

3) Two Face May creeps me out!

4) Skye's father is actually The High Evolutionary. :wishluck: Or,

5) Still not feeling the Bobbi Morse vibe. (shrug)

I'm enjoying the show a lot. I'm not sure what's not to like.

Great fight scenes

Hot hot female characters

Hydra and Shield going at it

Kree intro

Inhumans teaser

Leading up to next Marvel films

I'm sold

Plus did I mention Mockingbird is smoking hot? :)

This show has gone downhill. Not very interesting anymore.

I'm *really* hoping that they're following last season's trend - a really boring setup phase of 7-8 episodes followed by a stunning second half.

Otherwise, it really seems like you're right and it's slipping a bit.