• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Wow, I'm surprised to see such negative opinions about the show as of late! I don't mind them, but I thought season 2 started off slow until the last 3-4 episodes which have had me and my family hooked.

It's nice to see the build up they're creating with the underground city. I was also really tired of Ward being stuck in his cell.

The only thing that's missing from this to be a must-watch show is an actual superhero or something fans can attach themselves to on a weekly basis. Maybe we will feel that way about Morse, but as of now she's nothing more than a regular shield agent compared to her in the comic as Mockingbird.

Marvel needs to man up and stop being so delicate with their universe. Give the fans some B/C-list heroes and villains. Absorbing man was a good start. Deathlok was butchered though.

No matter how good the quality of this show can be, I'll resent it a bit until Marvel stops being so stingy with their characters.

Skye is Quake, her pops is Mr. Hyde, and the dude at the end is Reader...and my only guess for Raina is possibly Tigra or some other cat like inhuman. I guess they could make Tigra an inhuman since it seems they are going to do the same thing with Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. That's my two cents anyway.

Skye is Quake, her pops is Mr. Hyde, and the dude at the end is Reader...and my only guess for Raina is possibly Tigra or some other cat like inhuman. I guess they could make Tigra an inhuman since it seems they are going to do the same thing with Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. That's my two cents anyway.

She did have some crazy colored eye like with orange

MagnetoWasRight is right!

Have to agree on skye and her dad. Its pretty obvious now and fits in with the comics. I don't know who the Reader is. Tigra would be cool for Raina. I just wonder about the special effects for her appearance. I was kind of hoping she'd be a female Karnak, at least powers wise.

Daisy wasn't an Inhuman, was she? Just here?

So does this mean that the Obelisk/Diviner is one of the Norn Stones? Will Asgard feature in the future of this plot-line somehow?

Dan

It was the Terrigen crystals. I agree that was reader at the end. He has been in a couple of issues and seems like a decent character. I have read they have big plans for him.

In the comic he rescues a girl in china ( raina?) if not she could just be the current 616 raina. Some of her story could fit. I don't think it's Tigra but who knows.

Daisy wasn't an Inhuman, was she? Just here?

She was originally thought to be a mutant but later you find out her dad is Mr. Hyde. So she's just a super being in the comics. But Marvel seems to be rolling with Inhumans as their way to explain people gaining powers since Fox owns mutants.

Watched the episode last night. Good plot, but what a tortured -script (I'm referring to dialogue, not story). It was like watching an 80s episode of Knight Rider.

I do think they got the show in the right direction after a full one-and-a-half seasons, but much work remains for Marvel to reach its true potential with MAOS. Time to get B- and C-list superheroes and supervillains in there, with costumes, etc. Don't hold back (e.g., not the half-spoon effort that was Deathlok or Mockingbird). And they shouldn't be shy on phasing out characters who have lost either story or audience relevance (e.g., The Wonder Twins; Ward). This is one reason why TWD works so well. Anyway, DC isn't holding back, and look at how well their 4 shows are doing, with more on the way. Let's see how the second half of season 2 plays out for MAOS.

Confirmed!

The show revealed Skye’s true identity as Daisy Johnson, a.k.a. the super powered Quake from the comics, and that the Doctor’s real name is actually Calvin Zabo, a.k.a. Mister Hyde. But the process that transformed Skye and Raina also took Agent Triplett’s life in one of the series’ most tragic moments yet.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23795/debriefing_the_marvels_agents_of_shield_winter_finale