• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

:o:luhv::cloud9:

yeah i think a box art or have a sliver outline of the character around the box would be awesome. i do love that they give you a art print the statue that can be frame behind the statue.

Here are more pictures of the statue now that I had more time to go through all the goodies it came with. There are seven swappable hands to display her holding different weapons. I just like the fact that they included a separate bust using a revolving cylinder as a stand. The head is swappable with the statue. The lamp on the wall actually lights up which I think is a nice touch. The silver coin is definitely a nice bonus. I don't think there are any other statues in the current market that comes with this many accessories! :o

BW7_zpsqxznms5j.jpg

BW8_zpstxqlj9bm.jpg

BW9_zpsyrnl0qkt.jpg

Edited by Escaflown4

Some early looks at ARH's The Barbarian (based on the Frazetta painting). Obviously not painted. This is going to be huge. And probably $800.

barbarian1.jpg

barbarian2.jpg

Looks great, interesting how it'll differ in size compared to Moore's version

28bd6bbc.jpg

When do you think is the best time to buy a statue?

I'm interested in some of the upcoming Star Wars PF statues from Sideshow, however, when paying that much for a collectible, I want to ensure I get a good one. Is it best to pre-order to get the special, limited item? Or wait until they go on sale to read reviews and make sure the production matches the prototype?

I'm interested in some of the upcoming Star Wars PF statues from Sideshow, however, when paying that much for a collectible, I want to ensure I get a good one. Is it best to pre-order to get the special, limited item? Or wait until they go on sale to read reviews and make sure the production matches the prototype?

If you want an exclusive that's already sold out, get on the waiting list as soon as possible.

Since you're in the United States and shipping isn't a big problem, I'd pre-order what you want because if it doesn't meet your expectations, Sideshow has a no-hassle return policy. If you wait, and the piece comes out as expected or better, you might be forced to pay a premium to get an exclusive.

For a lot of collectors, it's EX or bust... Even if it's a crappy EX.

COI is bang on as well.

I always preorder.... I have 5 on the list right now.

COI is bang on as well.

One of the many silly things about the statue community. I can think of maybe a handful of exclusives that are worth any sort of premium over the regular, especially lately.

COI is bang on as well.

One of the many silly things about the statue community. I can think of maybe a handful of exclusives that are worth any sort of premium over the regular, especially lately.

I remember the good old days when an exclusive was actually a variant color or COH, light features, and/or a unique base. Now you get what? One COH and that's it or a hand holding some weapon. Anyone remember the old non EX pFs where the heads wouldn't detach? With a lackluster EX ill order elsewhere. Now I can get a SS piece usually without paying tax and cheaper shipping from another retailer if I really wanted it. I never got how shipping from BBTS is cheaper than from Sideshow and I'm in the same damn state as SS.

My patience is really thin with Sideshow as of late because of their Alien/Predator line. Chronicle and XM have been getting a lot of my attention and business. My SS preorders are down to 3, 2 with chronicle and 1 with xm.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

COI is bang on as well.

This. It's like they've gotten lazy.

COI is bang on as well.

Also how exclusive is something with an astronomical ES?

COI is bang on as well.

I remember the good old days when an exclusive was actually a variant color or COH, light features, and/or a unique base. Now you get what? One COH and that's it or a hand holding some weapon. Anyone remember the old non EX pFs where the heads wouldn't detach? With a lackluster EX ill order elsewhere. Now I can get a SS piece usually without paying tax and cheaper shipping from another retailer if I really wanted it. I never got how shipping from BBTS is cheaper than from Sideshow and I'm in the same damn state as SS.

My patience is really thin with Sideshow as of late because of their Alien/Predator line. Chronicle and XM have been getting a lot of my attention and business. My SS preorders are down to 3, 2 with chronicle and 1 with xm.

I could see that. I feel bad for Alien/Predator collectors, although that Predator 2 maquette looks pretty cool.

I'm largely in it for the DC pieces, and Sideshow is killing it there. If I was only doing Marvel or movie pieces, I'd be more frustrated.

COI is bang on as well.

I think it's deliberate, to appease their retail partners, especially internationally. Igo has said that the idea is to make an exclusive a bonus incentive, but not a must-have.

Also, people's memories are short, as it was only a few years ago that prints were offered as exclusives.

I actually think SS is right in that regard.

Look at XM and the coin.

If the incentive absolutely demolishes the regular, than nobody would buy the regular onces the EX is sold out. It would really diminish the desireability of the Reg. It would only be good for the early bird.

This way, they make them fairly similar, but with a minor incentive for us pre-order folks. But for the most part, they aren't *absolutely essential*.

This allows everyone to feel like they got a great looking statue, instead of just the first 500 or 1,000 people and then the REG sits in the warehouse for an eternity.

I'm glad SS doesn't make the EX MUST haves.

I actually think SS is right in that regard.

Look at XM and the coin.

If the incentive absolutely demolishes the regular, than nobody would buy the regular onces the EX is sold out. It would really diminish the desireability of the Reg. It would only be good for the early bird.

This way, they make them fairly similar, but with a minor incentive for us pre-order folks. But for the most part, they aren't *absolutely essential*.

This allows everyone to feel like they got a great looking statue, instead of just the first 500 or 1,000 people and then the REG sits in the warehouse for an eternity.

I'm glad SS doesn't make the EX MUST haves.

I agree, and have made this argument on the statue forums before. Most don't agree.

It makes no sense to offer one version of a product that demolishes another version, when you're offering them at the same price, and making more of the "inferior" version. And this is coming from someone who does pre-order, and has mostly exclusives.