• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

The Galactus maquette is a tremendous piece.

Love that piece. What is that OA in the background to the right?

Thank you, the OA to the right is the published Steampunk cover for Nightwing #28 by Tommy Lee Edwards:

q16KJRre_2702150924131.jpg

More info here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1205568

The OA to the left is a Galactus page by Greg Capullo, What If... #15 pg 4:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1213758

Bought the statue, the CGC book and the omnibus to support the Capullo OA.

That is a knockout in BW. Great cover.

The Galactus maquette is a tremendous piece.

I could not agree more :) It probably was the biggest test of my marriage too, but she more or less said "if you're happy I'm happy" :cloud9:

PS. I once suggested this equation:

WAF* superhero statues = (wife height) / (height of statue)

Reference table, scores

Awesome (unless you buy thousands) = 100+

Probably not a problem = 99 – 10.1

You’re in for trouble, but nothing too serious = 10 – 4.01

Constant flow of very beautiful, exotic and expensive flowers required = 4 – 2.01

Divorce papers soon to be filed = 2 to 1.01 (hint: the Galactus statue above may in most relationships belong to this score category)

Divorce papers immediately filed = 1 or lower

*WAF = Wife Acceptance Factor, higher scores are better for the marriage (thumbs u

Scores beyond 1000 are possible :cloud9: - but very expensive :ohnoez:

microscopic-sculptures.jpg

For anyone waiting on ARH statues I got this email today.

2014 Pre-Order Update

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is to inform you that all of our 2014 Collection is currently under production at our factory in China. There has been a small delay on the scheduled shipping due date. Some of the statues needed adjustments to ensure its highest quality which delayed the production.

At this point, we do not have a precise shipping date yet. According to our latest communication with our factory, we believe the statues will be ready for shipping by the end of Summer 2015.

We appreciate your understanding and patience with the process. All new statues currently in production will be packed in the highest quality of EPE black Styrofoam.

Below is a list of the statues currently in production at our factory in China:

Arhian: The Head Huntress

Queen of Vampires

Hercules

Tarzan Cry

Alexander the Great

Frazetta: Death Dealer 1

Frazetta: Huntress

Frazetta: Atlantis

Ares Golden Armor

In related news, all new statues will be packed in the highest quality of EPE black Styrofoam.

We also regret to inform you that due to low market response, we are not going to be producing the Shiflett Brother's Viking. Please contact us if you have an order for this item or if you have any other questions.

ARH Studios

Here's one I made myself

From this...

SDC16779_zpsugnedjis.jpg

To this!

SDC17163_zps5ik280if.jpg

Quite pleased with it :D

Awesome! I love looking at model kits, but don't have the patience to build them. Just thinking about the time it would take to paint all of those black lines..makes me shudder. Super clean job!

Thank you! The black lines were the hard part for sure... I did think about buying a super fine line pen but that'd just be cheating!! Paint and a steady hand all the way.

Here's another. Not sure it counts as a statue but it's pretty cool in my book. TIE Fighter, 1/72 from Fine Molds :D

SDC17331_zps1xthezpo.jpg

And another... Harley Quinn, 35mm from Knight Models

SDC16660_zps9qpii6ic_1.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just got a message from SST re: the Daredevil PF. It's been pushed back AGAIN, this time to Aug/Sept.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just got a message from SST re: the Daredevil PF. It's been pushed back AGAIN, this time to Aug/Sept.

lol

Good ol' Sideshow.

A bunch of stuff got pushed.

lol

Good ol' Sideshow.

Yeah, I'm used to their song and dance, but with this particular piece I'm starting to take it personally! :frustrated: