• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

I stopped buying bowens because of this reason. Typically I'll go comiquettes or bigger, unless it's a rare dio at a good price.

Yep. It's also impossible to appreciate the difference in mass and weight until you have them in front of you.

There are other reasons to buy Bowens, of course, but in terms of pure bang for your buck, 1/4 scale wins. 1/5 scale is nice too, but they make far fewer of those.

And I guess the statue seems so big/tall is because - like you said - the base. Doesn't leave a lot of room for detail on the actual figure. hm

I really want to see you get a 1/4 scale piece, because I wanna see your reaction to the size.

And I guess the statue seems so big/tall is because - like you said - the base. Doesn't leave a lot of room for detail on the actual figure. hm

I really want to see you get a 1/4 scale piece, because I wanna see your reaction to the size.

4k8p3o.gif

So, someone asked earlier about scale, so I thought I'd make a chart that I can reference in the future.

I also decided to use the pic to illustrate the reason why I argue that 1/4th scale is the best value overall, and why I can no longer bring myself to buy Bowens, irrespective of how good the piece might be. I selected pieces available on Sideshow's site right now, and they're all typical for the scale as far as size and price go:

sizechart_zpsc94ea1a9.jpg

I stopped buying bowens because of this reason. Typically I'll go comiquettes or bigger, unless it's a rare dio at a good price.

This is probably one of my favorite all time statues. I don't currently own it, but it's a Bowen and I think worthy of any collection.

This picture doesn't do it justice. In person it's just phenomonal.

144444.jpg.1724d3139d4d1e1a28b604cf19dc0b29.jpg

So, someone asked earlier about scale, so I thought I'd make a chart that I can reference in the future.

I also decided to use the pic to illustrate the reason why I argue that 1/4th scale is the best value overall, and why I can no longer bring myself to buy Bowens, irrespective of how good the piece might be. I selected pieces available on Sideshow's site right now, and they're all typical for the scale as far as size and price go:

sizechart_zpsc94ea1a9.jpg

This is probably one of my favorite all time statues. I don't currently own it, but it's a Bowen and I think worthy of any collection.

This picture doesn't do it justice. In person it's just phenomonal.

Bowen does Hulk well, especially Maestro, but I'll raise you....

71381_press01-001_zpslytqkxei.jpg

It's fantastic. Every part of this piece was executed beautifully, from the tailoring on the costume to the phenomenal paint apps, especially on the face. His skin-tone is eerily realistic.

This is the vintage-style Punisher I've been waiting for. :cloud9:

A few more pics with different lighting. The more I look at this thing, the more I love it!

pun8_zpsf75f78a0.jpg

pun9_zps5f3715f5.jpg

pun10_zps362faae7.jpg

pun11_zpsa9d25319.jpg

pun12_zps4e9ef530.jpg

You said you got it directly through Sideshow, right?

I'm just serious - I really like it so you have me looking for one online. I didn't know if my best bet would be ebay? (shrug)

This is brand spanking new, so directly from Sideshow. And in general, direct is always best, since they'll take care of you if there are problems.

This is limited to 1000 pieces, so I don't think it's going to last very long. It doesn't say that on the page, but that's what it says under my base:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-punisher-sideshow-collectibles-300176/

If you buy from Sideshow, you're protected and you'll get $18 in reward points to use on a future purchase. Your call.