• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Package at station, arrived after courier dispatch" sad face

Same thing happened to my Conan dio.

Can't wait to see your Conan's. That thing must be a beast!

Yeah, I'm excited too, but kinda glad it's coming tomorrow instead of today. I've been up since 5am and don't feel like unboxing a 50lb statue right now.

You dropped your Metamucil, Grandpa.

TEAM TARANTULA

I did a dozen muscle-ups in the morning. You know, those things that almost blew out your shoulder...

#TEAMTARANTULA

You've been doing those for years I expect more from you.

Yeah, I'm excited too, but kinda glad it's coming tomorrow instead of today. I've been up since 5am and don't feel like unboxing a 50lb statue right now.

TEAM TARANTULA

I did a dozen muscle-ups in the morning. You know, those things that almost blew out your shoulder...

#TEAMTARANTULA

:sorry:

TEAM TARANTULA

#TEAMTARANTULA

I've never attempted one. I don't usually train back with chest or tris. I would be a little concerned with how my elbows would take the transition from pull up to dip movement. The actual dip wouldn't be too bad as I usually do weighted dip sets ranging from 25 to 125 pounds. However, I tend to have a lot of tendonitis crop up around the elbow so I try not to tempt fate with them.

TEAM TARANTULA

#TEAMTARANTULA

I've never attempted one. I don't usually train back with chest or tris. I would be a little concerned with how my elbows would take the transition from pull up to dip movement. The actual dip wouldn't be too bad as I usually do weighted dip sets ranging from 25 to 125 pounds. However, I tend to have a lot of tendonitis crop up around the elbow so I try not to tempt fate with them.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't risk it if I had any chronic shoulder, elbow or neck issues. The only reason I really do them is because I switched over to doing mostly calisthenics (with kettlebells thrown in) a couple of years ago. If I were doing a more conventional weight routine, I wouldn't bother.

Get your Conan statue yet?

Yeah, it arrived today, but I haven't been home. If I get back at a decent hour, I'll try to unbox that sucker tonight, otherwise I'll do it tomorrow.

I realized something seeing the Batman statue pics. . . I have one of those on order, and then I have this dog. I woke up last night, and found out that she had shredded her favorite toy.

Seeing those pics made me realize I'd better put my statues up where she can't even get close to them. . . 'cause she'll chew on them and eat interchangeable hands.

I've never tried a muscle up either, and I wanted to see video of them being done in case I get frisky at the gym.... so I go to youtube... and you'll never guess what ad youtube forced me to watch - Metamucil!!! lol

--TEAM TARANTULA

I've never tried a muscle up either, and I wanted to see video of them being done in case I get frisky at the gym.... so I go to youtube... and you'll never guess what ad youtube forced me to watch - Metamucil!!! lol

--TEAM TARANTULA

lol

The Conan dio is unboxed and the pics have been taken.

Brace yourselves for a barrage of pics...

--TEAM TARANTULA

Serendipity baby.

#TEAMTARANTULA

This thing is enormous, it's heavy, it's insane detailed, perfectly sculpted and absolutely glorious. This is the best statue I have ever seen. My pictures do this thing absolutely no justice, nor do they convey how immense and visceral this thing is in person.

photo2_zpsebec063a.jpg

photo3_zpsdb42188a.jpg

photo4_zpsf09efb65.jpg

photo5_zpsd4ef311d.jpg

photo6_zps346646c0.jpg

photo7_zpsbc991612.jpg

photo8_zpsccfe54d9.jpg

photo9_zpsbcffe337.jpg

photo10_zps4c01a348.jpg

photo11_zps91da9c3a.jpg

photo12_zpsccd91543.jpg

photo13_zps3ff8dc9d.jpg

photo14_zps6bc128e1.jpg

photo15_zpsf44ff593.jpg

photo16_zpsc0b82b70.jpg

photo17_zps8abc62f2.jpg

photo18_zps501477f9.jpg

photo19_zpsf84e1f26.jpg

photo20_zps5185914f.jpg

photo21_zps226b47c5.jpg

photo22_zps8049a23b.jpg

photo23_zps634a85d1.jpg

photo26_zps6a6c4f68.jpg

photo24_zpsdb9573dc.jpg

photo25_zps78141eed.jpg

photo27_zps57d40147.jpg

You should get a pic with someone standing next to it, just for scale.

It does look bad-, COI!

-slym

Here are pics the sculptor himself put up; and he's 6'3":

scale_zps33f59ee6.jpg

His son next to one of the beast's arms:

scale2.jpg

The weight is also ridiculous. I am in relatively decent shape, and I broke out in a sweat seating this thing on its base. And it took me several attempts to get it right.

But...do you like it? (shrug)

It's a masterpiece. And the fact that they're only making 250 of this version (black beast) makes me very happy I bought it now. It will be impossible to get later.

You should get a pic with someone standing next to it, just for scale.

It does look bad-, COI!

Here are pics the sculptor himself put up; and he's 6'3":

scale_zps33f59ee6.jpg

His son next to one of the beast's arms:

scale2.jpg

The weight is also ridiculous. I am in relatively decent shape, and I broke out in a sweat seating this thing on its base. And it took me several attempts to get it right.

DAAMMMNNNN!!!!!

-slym