• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Just got my shipping info on the Conan diorama:

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

Total shipment weight 47 lbs / 21.3 kgs

:eek:

Amazingly, Sideshow only charged me $40 for 2-day shipping from California to Toronto. :cloud9:

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

Amazingly, Sideshow only charged me $40 for 2-day shipping from California to Toronto. :cloud9:

wow heavy box and not bad for shipping

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

Did you get hit by custom tax? I have the Batman PF Ex coming and I'm scared of the custom tax lol.

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

Did you get hit by custom tax? I have the Batman PF Ex coming and I'm scared of the custom tax lol.

You will get charged. I have an account with Fedex, so they bill me any customs fees due at the end of each month, as opposed to collecting at the time of delivery. I get hit on every Sideshow piece.

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

You will get charged. I have an account with Fedex, so they bill me any customs fees due at the end of each month, as opposed to collecting at the time of delivery. I get hit on every Sideshow piece.

Dang! I recently got into sideshow collectibles so wasn't sure. I bought the Green Lantern PF from a store so this is the first time buying straight from Sideshow. Nice Punisher btw! This hobby can be super addicting! I have so far preordered Batman 89' PF and the Captain America (Winter Soldier) PF. I even have Black Widow Ex PF on waitlist! lol

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

Dang! I recently got into sideshow collectibles so wasn't sure. I bought the Green Lantern PF from a store so this is the first time buying straight from Sideshow. Nice Punisher btw! This hobby can be super addicting! I have so far preordered Batman 89' PF and the Captain America (Winter Soldier) PF. I even have Black Widow Ex PF on waitlist! lol

Sweet. I didn't get the Green Lantern, but it's a nice piece.

Dimensions 40x21x16 in.

doh! SS charges me that if not more to ship from So Cal to Nor Cal. Plus state tax. Bastards.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

This thread is killing me, I finally went over to browse through the sideshow site and found 3 statues I want. Paying for them is hard enough, finding room to display them harder - getting them into the house without my wife noticing - impossible.....well unless I ship them to a friend first hmmmm

This thread is killing me, I finally went over to browse through the sideshow site and found 3 statues I want. Paying for them is hard enough, finding room to display them harder - getting them into the house without my wife noticing - impossible.....well unless I ship them to a friend first hmmmm

I've been lurking in this thread since the beginning and loving looking at everyone's great statues and yesterday took the first steps into addiction with a Kotobukiya Artfx 1/6th DKR Batman statue, it was in one of my local shops and after reading this thread I couldn't say no !! I also have a hold on the 'Killing Joke' Joker statue to compliment it :insane:

th__12.jpg th_T2eC16Ry0E9s2S6c10BRudtWZ7w60_12.jpg

I'm noticing a pattern with wives and statues...

To be fair to my wife, it's not just the statues - she's not a fan of the comics or OA either. That said she's not against them in the house as long as it's in my cave and not elsewhere. What she'd have issue with here is the cost, and there's no concealing the cost when FedEx shows up at the door with a large tax/customs import bill on delivery.

To be fair to my wife, it's not just the statues - she's not a fan of the comics or OA either. That said she's not against them in the house as long as it's in my cave and not elsewhere. What she'd have issue with here is the cost, and there's no concealing the cost when FedEx shows up at the door with a large tax/customs import bill on delivery.

I'm just busting balls; it's totally understandable, and everyone's situation is different. In truth, this is a ridiculous hobby when you consider both the money and real-estate these bigger pieces take up. It's worth it to me obviously, but I can totally see how someone who has no attachment or interest in this stuff would think it's insane.

Btw guys, both my Nathan Drake PF and my Conan dio are set to arrive today, so expect lots of pics later.

One other thing; if customs fees on arrival are a problem for you, you can set up a free Fedex account online, and give the account number they give you to Sideshow. Sideshow does all of their international shipping via Fedex, and when they tether your Fedex account # to your Sideshow account, all of your packages will not only arrive faster, but Fedex will also waive the brokerage fee so that you're paying strictly the taxes on the statue. Most importantly, they'll bill any taxes you owe to the credit card on your account.

Not that I advocate hiding your purchases, of course... :baiting:

Edit: I'm only sure of this for Canada, so if you're in another country, this might not work the same way.

Edited by COI

Of all the things I've collected (books, statues, toys, art, etc.), my wife actually likes the statues the most, and she's bought them for me before completely out of the blue because she thought they were cool (which is how I got the DC Bombshells pieces, which I'd liked but originally had planned to pass on). Unlike everything else related to the hobby, she thinks the statues are crafted so well as to stand alone as pieces of art that could be displayed in any part of the house.

Of all the things I've collected (books, statues, toys, art, etc.), my wife actually likes the statues the most, and she's bought them for me before completely out of the blue because she thought they were cool (which is how I got the DC Bombshells pieces, which I'd liked but originally had planned to pass on). Unlike everything else related to the hobby, she thinks the statues are crafted so well as to stand alone as pieces of art that could be displayed in any part of the house.

wow so in others words you saying your wife is awesome (thumbs u