• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

What weapon do you like Conan with the best? I like the knife the most since he would be the kind of person to take on a giant monster with only that tooth pick. Plus the pose he has with it is awesome.

Haven't decided yet. His sword is his trademark and it makes sense because the sheath behind him is empty, so it looks like he just pulled it out. The dagger makes the most sense with the pose and it flows really well, but it stands out the least from a distance. The axe is the least practical given the composition, but it looks bad-.

But...do you like it? (shrug)

It's a masterpiece. And the fact that they're only making 250 of this version (black beast) makes me very happy I bought it now. It will be impossible to get later.

I know! :D Of course you love it! I was just being a smart @ss. ;)

Fun week for me. Now for the 3-4 month wait for my next piece. It's feast or famine with Sideshow.

pun12_zps4e9ef530.jpg

drake8_zpsfc54f4f3.jpg

photo24_zpsdb9573dc.jpg

The Conan is awesome COI!! :headbang:

I'm still marveling at the Punisher and trying to figure out what I can sell to pick one up! :cloud9:

Meanwhile, I'm watching all these nice, expensive comics scroll by in your sig line. lol

I get the dilemma, though. It would be a lot harder to buy all these statues if I didn't put comics aside for now.

When the statue sells out, it will be a pain in the butt to get later, since your only real avenue will be Ebay. The comics are much easier to both sell and then re-buy at a later date for the same price, so if you must have the Punisher, I would consider getting rid of a more common book now for it. The statue is on the ground floor now as far as prices and availability go, and at only 1000 pieces, it may not last long.

Speaking of sold out statues, other than ebay where's the best place to look for old bowens?

Unfortunately, there aren't many people who deal with old statues. You could check the marketplace sections on a couple different statue forums, but there isn't tons of stuff for sale at any given time, and you could be waiting forever for a specific piece to pop up.

Speaking of sold out statues, other than ebay where's the best place to look for old bowens?

Unfortunately, there aren't many people who deal with old statues. You could check the marketplace sections on a couple different statue forums, but there isn't tons of stuff for sale at any given time, and you could be waiting forever for a specific piece to pop up.

I was afraid of that. Oh well, that Nova will be mine someday! lol