• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I'm trying to assemble a complete premium format Justice League myself. Hopefully sideshow continues with the DC line up.

That's what I was thinking, too, which is why I asked about the GL. There's some cool art I'd like to put with them.

Now, having said that, I've had the Sideshow website up for over an hour, and I'm wondering about the Catwoman.

Ill probably get the grey one. Red hulk went on sale this week with a COH ex.

The price on these doesn't make sense to me. They aren't big or intricate enough to justify the $550, IMO.

Ill probably get the grey one. Red hulk went on sale this week with a COH ex.

The price on these doesn't make sense to me. They aren't big or intricate enough to justify the $550, IMO.

True, but im not willing to pay the current price on the original grey hulk pf and I cant stand the mike tyson comm version. Same goes for the alien warrior lsb I preordered. I cant justify paying the current rate on the lifesize one nor want to risk getting a recast.

As far as pricing, this has been SS trend for at least the past two years. The price goes up and the quality and size go down, with the exception of a few really good ones (I.e. Gladiator Hulk which is 10 inches taller for only an extra $50).

Given the price of these Hulks, Gladiator Hulk certainly seems like a much better buy.

Prices are going up for sure. They hit a rough patch quality-wise, but seem to have turned a corner. I picked up 10 or 11 pieces in the last year, and they've all met or exceeded my expectations with the exception of the Spider-Woman PF.

It really depends on what you're buying. Their Marvel stuff seems to be lagging behind in quality when compared to some of their other lines.

Given the price of these Hulks, Gladiator Hulk certainly seems like a much better buy.

Prices are going up for sure. They hit a rough patch quality-wise, but seem to have turned a corner. I picked up 10 or 11 pieces in the last year, and they've all met or exceeded my expectations with the exception of the Spider-Woman PF.

It really depends on what you're buying. Their Marvel stuff seems to be lagging behind in quality when compared to some of their other lines.

Not only Marvel, but their Alien and Predator line used to be amazing and has tanked so bad. Every 1/5 predator I had (Elder, classic, and wolf) have been replaced at least once due to paint app. My elder was replaced twice due to getting damaged.

Honestly, if Kotobukiya made 1/4 scale with the quality of their Fine Arts line, it would give SS a run.

anything New from sideshow like previews of unpainted statues coming up. Plus has anybody gotten new statues.

I got the Batman Premium Format yesterday. Managed to get an exclusive. I have't had a chance to unbox it yet, but I will tonight. I'll post pics if you guys are interested, although others have already shown it.

Nothing new - but I stumbled across this pic and now I also want a Bowen DD red statue (I still love my faux bronze one ;) ) and the Bowen Bullseye. They just look great together! :cloud9:

303b8fc.jpg

That Bowen red DD was my first statue ever. bought it back in 2001 I believe. Don't have it anymore, but it's still one of the best DD statues. HOWEVER...there are rumblings that Sideshow is about to put out a Daredevil Premium Format, possible before SDCC. So you might want to wait.

anything New from sideshow like previews of unpainted statues coming up. Plus has anybody gotten new statues.

I got the Batman Premium Format yesterday. Managed to get an exclusive. I have't had a chance to unbox it yet, but I will tonight. I'll post pics if you guys are interested, although others have already shown it.

Post um! :grin:

Nothing new - but I stumbled across this pic and now I also want a Bowen DD red statue (I still love my faux bronze one ;) ) and the Bowen Bullseye. They just look great together! :cloud9:

303b8fc.jpg

That Bowen red DD was my first statue ever. bought it back in 2001 I believe. Don't have it anymore, but it's still one of the best DD statues. HOWEVER...there are rumblings that Sideshow is about to put out a Daredevil Premium Format, possible before SDCC. So you might want to wait.

That's awesome! :banana:

I still would probably get this one so I could get the matching Bullseye and treat them as bookends. :cloud9:

But would also love to have a stand alone Premium Format statue. I really like the tombstone on the Sideshow Comiquette statue that is out now, but I don't like the stitching on the costume for a "realistic" look. I can't wait to see what the new Premium Format statue would look like! Thanks COI! :headbang: