• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

ARH Studios two new licenses Frank Frazetta 1/4 exclusive license

YES FREZETTA !!! YIPPY

details here --> http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?140907-ARH-Studios-two-new-licenses-Frank-Frazetta-1-4-exclusive-license-and-Tarzan-1-4&p=6581726#post6581726

----------

What they are doing ---> Its with great pleasure to announce two of our new licenses.

The licenses are Tarzan (and Jane) and Frank Frazetta in full majestic 1/4!

We have already Troy working on a Tarzan fighting a gigantic crocodile diorama. Ehren Biennert sculpting Frazetta's Indomitable. Both will be ready in time for San Diego Con.

Also we will have Troy sculpting Frazetta's Atlantis and Ehren sculpting Frazetta's Queen of Egypt in time for New York Con in October.

Here are at least 4 of the sculpts from Frazetta that will be made by ARH Studios Inc. - unlike the last few sculpts from us, these will be true to the art and very accurate to the artwork.

-----

The idea behind those two new licenses, especially Frazetta is to produce museum quality works. All the pieces will be in 1/4th scale, and during all my negotiations with Frazetta’s family, there was one point that was very clear since the beginning for all of us.

We want to represent Frazetta’s work in the most meaningful and faithful way possible. It means we will not be taking any “creative license” with the paintings, and we will not be “interpreting” it either. Our sculptures will be exactly like a 3D image of the paintings, so if for instance Frazetta didn’t paint the tiger’s legs with much definition, we won’t do it for him! It will be a rough sculpture in the areas that Frazetta left it rough.

Also, we will be producing relief sculptures of Frazetta’s paintings, so we will have not only the statue but a “wall sculpture” like a painting but with relief that you can hang on the wall. All the relief sculptures will have the same measurements of the original paintings, so it will be very close to have the real painting on your wall!

Arahom Radjah

ARH Studios Inc.

-----------------------------------------------------

So cool for the next 2 years

:)

145521.jpg.a50ba352c29f91a57332cbdc63281c12.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

So far, only two statues, but hope to add a couple more in the future:)

P1010040_zpsdb5da861.jpg

If anyone hasn't seen this in person, there is more detail than I thought. I really like that one.

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0718.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

Light up gems.

DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

Single Besta's from ikea with there glass doors are great, however most of the sideshow pieces are tight (surfer and iron spidey) or just plan wont fit (galactus)

C5AD2EE9-4D7E-42E9-99F5-43C5CC7292BB.jpg

Just need to find him a spot.

After just picking my first few up randomly because I liked them (spidey, venom, juggy and green goblin), I came across the sideshow carnage, I haven't gone back since. The sheer quality and size, its worth the extra money in my eyes.

So far, only two statues, but hope to add a couple more in the future:)

P1010040_zpsdb5da861.jpg

If anyone hasn't seen this in person, there is more detail than I thought. I really like that one.

I had pre-ordered this one, but canceled when money was a little tight and I'd decided to narrow the focus of my collection. Then I saw it in person a couple of weeks ago...I think I'm going to break down and get it. The sculpt is nice but the subtleties of the paint really make it. Lovely piece. The edition size is a little high for my tastes, but it's just so purty! :cloud9:

Finally picked up the Green Lantern Premium Format. I love it:

gl8_zps01a1373f.jpeg

gl6_zpsa6bf7b61.jpeg

gl5_zpscbb77123.jpeg

gl7_zpsb16520a4.jpg

gl1_zps2e5bdafc.jpeg

gl2_zps535c2c2f.jpeg

gl4_zps06544bbf.jpg

gl3_zpsab5d82b8.jpg

gl10_zpscae32d69.jpg

gl9_zps6f74f14f.jpeg

gl8_zps01a1373f.jpeg

Does that one go with the Batman that just came out?

Has anyone else seen the Catwoman they have posted? WOW!

gl8_zps01a1373f.jpeg

Does that one go with the Batman that just came out?

Has anyone else seen the Catwoman they have posted? WOW!

Yep. The entire Premium Format line are meant to go together.

I was just going to mention the Catwoman; it's going up for pre-order this Thursday. Looks bananas!

7z0oZ25H_press03.jpg

a4k8797S_press04.jpg

M2a231U1_press09.jpg

I'm trying to assemble a complete premium format Justice League myself. Hopefully sideshow continues with the DC line up.

It'll happen. It'll take years and years, but it'll happen.

I've decided to focus on DC for now as well, as I have all of them so far. I missed a lot of Marvel pieces that are now very expensive. Got in with the DC line at the ground floor.