• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

So you're saying you think she looks like a man? Because that contradicts your earlier explanation of the Seinfeld Superman comparison. Make up your mind. :baiting:

No contradiction. I think the word for these types of face sculpts is "aquiline", generic bordering on androgynous.

Too-pretty manface, too-manly womanface, you know, same same. (shrug)

This has been floating around for a long time; it's not confirmed yet.

Considering that this is intended to be 1/4 scale, it's ambitious to say the least. That said, there's something off about Sonja's pose relative to her attackers; it doesn't quite flow.

Considering that this is intended to be 1/4 scale, it's ambitious to say the least. That said, there's something off about Sonja's pose relative to her attackers; it doesn't quite flow.

It is the open mouth seems wrong (Maybe the entire face )compared to the present side show statue that rocks

ARH I think has a hard time doing a good face after seeing the slave girl in the conan snake piece

145031.jpg.bc0bc9fa6f965d646da5c091c3bbd0f1.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

It is the open mouth seems wrong (Maybe the entire face )compared to the present side show statue that rocks

ARH I think has a hard time doing a good face after seeing the slave girl in the conan snake piece

For me, it's that Sonja's back is too rigid and her arms are well above striking distance of the guys below her. This kind of thing flies for comic covers, but not so much for sculpture.

As for that slave girl, that isn't even Arahom who sculpted it; they hired Troy McDevitt, who ironically enough is the same guy who sculpted the Conan: Fury of the Beast dio for Sideshow. So I don't really know what happened there.

On another topic, it looks like Bowen's Marvel license has been expired for a couple of months, and they haven't renewed. This might be the end of Bowen Marvel statues.

On another topic, it looks like Bowen's Marvel license has been expired for a couple of months, and they haven't renewed. This might be the end of Bowen Marvel statues.
was marvel the only company Bowen still had to make statue's from.

Finally got out the actual camera and took a few photo's of the first statue I bough. It's Called "Lost Children" there were 1000 of these made in the standard version and 500 of a "Bloody Version"

The company that made it is called Art of War. The character is Guts, The black swordsman from "Berserk"