• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Waiting for me once i got home from work today

DSC00266.JPG

DSC00269.JPGDSC00268.JPG

Cool. I may pick one up.

I just did. Can't wait for it to come in. It'll look great next to Harley. Speaking of Harley, I'm really glad I bought that statue when it was cheaper. Prices are really up now.

Harley is hot, period. And DC Direct knows it, hence it seems like they're releasing a new Harley statue every month. I've learned my lesson and make sure to pre-order all Harley statues, and try to not fence-sit on them. At worst, if the statue shows up and I don't care for it, I can always resell for a profit.

It's gotten to the point where the statues are selling out and second editions are being solicited before the first versions are even released! (Bruce Timm Animated Statue).

My final Flex Payment for the SS Exclusive PF will go through on Tuesday, can't wait to finally get her! Catwoman was a day one pre-order, and I am going for the green Ivy as well (I dicked around too long and missed the first one, which works out, because I prefer the green version anyway).

I'm being charged for the Harley EX next week as well. Can't wait.

And I share your attitude with most statues in general. If I like something but am not sure if I want it in the collection long-term, I pre-order it and decide when it arrives whether or not I'm keeping it.

Waiting for me once i got home from work today

DSC00266.JPG

DSC00269.JPGDSC00268.JPG

Cool. I may pick one up.

I just did. Can't wait for it to come in. It'll look great next to Harley. Speaking of Harley, I'm really glad I bought that statue when it was cheaper. Prices are really up now.

Harley is hot, period. And DC Direct knows it, hence it seems like they're releasing a new Harley statue every month. I've learned my lesson and make sure to pre-order all Harley statues, and try to not fence-sit on them. At worst, if the statue shows up and I don't care for it, I can always resell for a profit.

It's gotten to the point where the statues are selling out and second editions are being solicited before the first versions are even released! (Bruce Timm Animated Statue).

My final Flex Payment for the SS Exclusive PF will go through on Tuesday, can't wait to finally get her! Catwoman was a day one pre-order, and I am going for the green Ivy as well (I dicked around too long and missed the first one, which works out, because I prefer the green version anyway).

yeah i can't wait to see what sideshow does with the Arkham games statue they have plan.

I bought this Kotobukiya X-Force Wolverine today, to go with the X-23, there's a bit of red overspray above his eyes that IRL look a little like the eye pieces are glowing. Kinda neat.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

:cloud9:

Congrats on the Wolverine!

As for the Surfer, does that say $999.95? :o

I owned that piece years ago and it's nice, but not 1K nice.

I'm really liking the Legendary scale statues, expensive but anything less than a PF is a waste of time and money.

It depends on price. If you can get Bowen scale pieces for $100-$200, they're worth the money. The DC Direct stuff is small, but they also retail for $80-$120 which is fine for what you get. But when you get to the $300+ range, a PF is way more bang for your buck. That's where Bowen lost me.

Personally, I would never spend $1000+ for anything smaller than 1/4 scale, but that's me.

Yes it does :ohnoez:

That's why I wanted to know who was after one.

Yes it does :ohnoez:

That's why I wanted to know who was after one.

I want one, but passed on one for $800 a couple of years ago.

My buddy Alex made a video highlighting all his Cap-related statues. Pretty nuts: