• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

Anyone unable to go? I'd like to buy your ticket!

If you end up going hopefully I can hand you an Invincible 110

I'm working on it.

What are some cheap hotels nearby ? I don't mind a far away hotel with easy transit to the convention. I'm not above staying in a shady hotel.

There are no cheap hotels that time of year in NY. Unless you want to rent by the hour.

Anyone unable to go? I'd like to buy your ticket!

If you end up going hopefully I can hand you an Invincible 110

I'm working on it.

What are some cheap hotels nearby ? I don't mind a far away hotel with easy transit to the convention. I'm not above staying in a shady hotel.

There are no cheap hotels that time of year in NY. Unless you want to rent by the hour.

If you want to stay in Manhattan in the fall, I think $250-300 is about the cheapest you will find. Some places we've stayed at in the past for $300 a night are up to $500-$600. :eek:

We're staying close to Times Square for $309 and it's a lot but for me the convenience and the entertainment outweighs the cost.

There are other options though and many people (including dealers) stay just on the other side of the river in a hotel and shuttle, train, cab or drive across.

One possible option is the $4 train ride (at least that is what it used to be) in from the Secaucus train station to the Penn Plaza. From the Penn Plaza it's probably a $15 cab ride or a 20-25 minute walk to the Javits (rough guess).

Link to Google Map for Penn Plaza to Javits with transit times.

I haven't used the train in a couple of years so if someone is more familiar with NYC maybe they know better.

Good luck to all!

Those look cool but I need some security and convenience for several reasons, including being able to ship and receive packages (including while I am not there), a place to eat that is convenient (hotel food!) and Lou likes to be in the thick of things while I'm at the show. Those look like decent places though.

How are people taking the time to ship packages? How would be ship to begin with? Like getting a lot of priority mail parking?

There's a decent sized Fed Ex depot in the Javits but don't wait till the end of the day even worse, the end of the show. You could be looking at waiting for hours. Using the Fed Ex depot is probably easier than driving around the city looking for a USPS office.

@ Speedy - (thumbs u

Thursday tickets are still available online at face value vis Showclix, reedpop's authorized online sellers. The tix will have to be picked up at javitz the day of the show. Midtown comics also has Thursday tix available in store only.

Cheers!

N.

The landmark general post office on 33rd street and 8th avenue should be open. It's the huge building with all those steps across from Madison Sq Garden. The official name is the James a Farley post office. Just a few blocks from javitz.

Cheers!

N.

They offer a shuttle bus for $12 round trip 4 times a day in the am and pm. Worse case a cab is also an option. I know a few NYCC attendees staying at the same hotel which will help decrease the travel costs when traveling together in a cab. Howard Johnson is the hotel a few of us are staying at.

As a side note, if you are taking a cab from NYC to NJ, the cab will charge you for his ride back to NYC.

He needs to recoup because he is most likely not picking someone up from NJ to go to NYC.

I'm looking for a one day pass. Would prefer Thursday or Friday, but might consider Sunday.

Cash or comics available for trade. Could be a dealer badge or a regular one.

Just need 1 pass? I have a lead on a pair of Sunday's (from a 4 day pass) that would be extremely affordable ;)