• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

The best stuff goes early and it's worth paying a little more for it. And dealers aren't out of their minds busy and you can move around better with the smaller crowds. And of course you can still bargain with the sellers and get a deal.

very good point :headbang:

The best stuff goes early and it's worth paying a little more for it. And dealers aren't out of their minds busy and you can move around better with the smaller crowds. And of course you can still bargain with the sellers and get a deal.

Yep, best selection and smallest crowds on Thursday. Best prices and also relatively small crowds on Sunday, especially later in the day. Friday is the real first day, and Saturday is insane.

I am not going to be able to hit any conventions the rest of the year, really going to hate to miss NY as there are always good books in HG that I am looking for. Might have to throw some finder money to a couple people to look over the books Thursday and see if anything is on my list.

Yep, best selection and smallest crowds on Thursday. Best prices and also relatively small crowds on Sunday, especially later in the day. Friday is the real first day, and Saturday is insane.

All true. Additionally, you get first crack at OA, its easier to get on artist lists for commissions typically too.

where are all the big celibrity announcements? Last year at this time im pretty sure there was big stars

Disney Bringing ‘Big Hero 6′ and ‘Tomorrowland’ to New York Comic Con

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/09/03/disney-bringing-big-hero-6-and-tomorrowland-to-new-york-comic-con/

where are all the big celibrity announcements? Last year at this time im pretty sure there was big stars

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/09/03/disney-bringing-big-hero-6-and-tomorrowland-to-new-york-comic-con/

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/Stages/?campaignid=61841901&iusercampaignid=83513732

- DAN HARMON

- Cast of ELEMENTARY: LUCY LIU, JONNY LEE MILLER, OPHELIA LOVIBOND & Executive Producer ROBERT DOHERTY

- (Received via e-mail today but not on site just yet) MICHAEL SHANNNON (ZOD from the mess known as MAN OF STEEL) and NICHOLAS HOULT (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS & X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST) for the upcoming film YOUNG ONES

- Cast & Crew from BOB'S BURGERS will be in attendance on Thursday

Mind you, the event is over a month away & there will certainly be more being reported in the coming weeks.

So, short of the corpse of Joan Rivers rising from the dead, how many more celebs do you need before you're satisfied? (shrug)

Cast of Bob's Burgers :banana:

I'll be at NYCC for the Thursday, (only tickets left unfortunately).

Are there a lack of comic creators on the first day compared to the rest? I'd like to try and meet Terry Moore, BKV, Fiona Staples and Stan Lee after the fiasco that was LFCC here in July :facepalm:

Are there a lack of comic creators on the first day compared to the rest? I'd like to try and meet Terry Moore, BKV, Fiona Staples and Stan Lee after the fiasco that was LFCC here in July :facepalm:

Didn't know you were coming to NYCC Boon...

:headbang:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/Stages/?campaignid=61841901&iusercampaignid=83513732

- DAN HARMON

- Cast of ELEMENTARY: LUCY LIU, JONNY LEE MILLER, OPHELIA LOVIBOND & Executive Producer ROBERT DOHERTY

- (Received via e-mail today but not on site just yet) MICHAEL SHANNNON (ZOD from the mess known as MAN OF STEEL) and NICHOLAS HOULT (X-MEN: FIRST CLASS & X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST) for the upcoming film YOUNG ONES

- Cast & Crew from BOB'S BURGERS will be in attendance on Thursday

Mind you, the event is over a month away & there will certainly be more being reported in the coming weeks.

So, short of the corpse of Joan Rivers rising from the dead, how many more celebs do you need before you're satisfied? (shrug)

:applause:

Yep! I'm there from the week before. Catch a pint or two whilst we're out there (thumbs u

Yep! I'm there from the week before. Catch a pint or two whilst we're out there (thumbs u

Don't see why not!

(thumbs u

Don't see why not!

(thumbs u

Where? My treat.

Don't see why not!

(thumbs u

Where? My treat.

Anywhere serving booze :banana: