• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

It might be best to get a hotel in Long Island City (or beyond) and take the train into Manhattan.

Getting back to NJ by taxi might be tricky unless you call a car service beforehand (or you don't mind riding a Citibike through the Lincoln Tunnel). It's pretty difficult to catch a cab at the end of the day as you are competing with all the other geeks.

That said, it seems like the hotels around Giants Stadium offer shuttle service back and forth to Manhattan. That might be a good option (unless you plan on going on Sunday and there is a Giants/Jets game). In that case, you can take a NJ Transit train.

There are also several cheapo motels (which look sketchy) near the Javits Center and MSG that look like they couldn't be more than $100/night.

It might be best to get a hotel in Long Island City (or beyond) and take the train into Manhattan.

Getting back to NJ by taxi might be tricky unless you call a car service beforehand (or you don't mind riding a Citibike through the Lincoln Tunnel). It's pretty difficult to catch a cab at the end of the day as you are competing with all the other geeks.

That said, it seems like the hotels around Giants Stadium offer shuttle service back and forth to Manhattan. That might be a good option (unless you plan on going on Sunday and there is a Giants/Jets game). In that case, you can take a NJ Transit train.

There are also several cheapo motels (which look sketchy) near the Javits Center and MSG that look like they couldn't be more than $100/night.

Getting to NJ is easy.I would walk or even take the shuttle from Javitz to Penn Station and then train it to NJ. The Secaucus station is a 20 minute ride away, it is a commuter lot and I would get my cab from there.

Hi guys, anyone a big fan of Stanley "Artgerm" Lau ? He just released the art prints that he will be selling at NYCC, Artist Alley V10. If there is anyone that is willing to help me grab those. I will pay you for your kind services. Items shipped to Portland 97230, Paypal payment. Please contact me, serious buyer. Thank you and have fun those of you guys going. I envy you =(

Facebook link below:

hi , are there any DC or Marvel Exclusives announced yet ? also , do you know who to pre order those NYCC exclusives in this board ?

thank you

The DC Exclusives are easier to get then the Marvel ones. The DC Exclusives get sold two months later on www.graphittidesign.com so save your cash & don't get gouged on the Boards or Ebay.

Marvel exclusives are limited, first come first serve. If you miss out, you'll be paying throught the nose on ebay.

Hope that helps.

Is there a floor plan available? I can't get the NYCC site working properly on the latest versions of IE or Firefox (can't even view artist alley as a list) and it barely works on my ipad.

I was wondering how bad the queues are for the Thursdays as it'll be my first time at the show? I've an exhibitors pass but my friend has a general ticket so it's either wait for him inside, queue together or get him an exhibitors pass (at my cost).

He has no interest besides just experiencing the atmosphere (Thursday only) but would be on his own.

Is there a floor plan available? I can't get the NYCC site working properly on the latest versions of IE or Firefox (can't even view artist alley as a list) and it barely works on my ipad.

I was wondering how bad the queues are for the Thursdays as it'll be my first time at the show? I've an exhibitors pass but my friend has a general ticket so it's either wait for him inside, queue together or get him an exhibitors pass (at my cost).

He has no interest besides just experiencing the atmosphere (Thursday only) but would be on his own.

Normally the site has a floor plan but I don't think they've added it yet. The site has been wonky. Been able to see items using Internet Explorer though it does act up a bit.

Thursday is easy. Most people wouldn't take off of work to go. There were still tickets available for Thursday at all three Midtown Comics locations. It's also a good time to get exclusives too although certain ones may be timed to be released on certain days, just do your homework. The lines depend on who you're there to see. If you plan on seeing a big name, plan on waiting a long line.

The con is incredibly crazy as you head toward the weekend but it's a wonderful mess.

Thanks for the reply Jason and continual updates to this thread (thumbs u

I've been told the crowds will be crazy over the weekend but I'll probably only pop in and out briefly. I was enquiring about the initial queue when the doors open to the public on Thursday just in case my friend is on his own and I'm already inside helping set up and if it's worth me getting him an exhibitors pass to avoid that which would release me to go sketch hunting/buying straight away.

Is there a boardie drink up planned? :)

Not sure about the Drink Up Planned but usually they plan something as the event gets closer.

As for the main entrance line, it can be packed. It really depends on how soon you're friend wants to go inside. If he's there for just one day, get on the line as early as possible or hook him up with an exhibitor pass.

I'd rather wait a bit to let the line length lessen. Sometimes when you arrive an hour later, there's not line to wait on since everyone is already inside.

Good luck!