• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

Don't know if this has been asked already but as a NYCC newbie I was wondering how long the lines are for panels that aren't on the main stage? Is it just a 1st come 1st serve system with people waiting hours, or are they going to use the wristband method for regular panels as well?

Any help would be appreciated since I want to get into more than one panel a day for the 4 days and want to know how to plan out to get the most out of the experience :)

I believe it's first come first serve. Except for the ADULT SWIM panels, all other rooms will be cleared after each panel. Get in line early & expect the wait to be the equivalent of gettng the new iPhone 2 weeks before official release. But that's not for all of them. WALKING DEAD Panel definitely.

If you've got a four day, Thursday is a day which has panels but isn't as insane as Saturday or Sunday.

Yeah, luckily most of the panels I want to see aren't on the main stage, but if it's true they clear rooms before each panel then that sounds great. I was thinking of seeing Legend of Korra panel and a bunch of others on the smaller Empire Stage 1-E, so was wondering if I had to sit out all day Thursday just to get into that particular panel. Thanks for the tips! :D

Can tickets be collected on site today? I've two Thursday tickets and an exhibitors pass to collect.

YES.

Thanks for the reply, I'll pop down in the next few hours to collect.

OY!!!! As of 1hr ago on Twitter, Joe Maduriera WILL be attending despite his previous post of a few days ago saying he wouldn't.

Also, GABRIEL HARDMAN & STEPHEN PLATT have CANCELLED

:cry: I purposely left my Battle Chasers I wanted to get signed because Joe Mad wasn't listed and now Platt isn't there? :pullhair:

I was in midtown this morning. Don't know who it was but someone was going through stacks of Wytches checking for 9.8's lol

Is Steranko going?

Does anyone know? I don't see his name on the site.

I answered your question on the previous page. Short answer: No.

When I was looking for him two years ago there, his publisher said that Reed Pop whatever had refused to give him a hotel meal stipend because he was local to the area. So Jim refused to attend. Not sure if that still holds true now or if it's something completely different preventing him from attending.

Maybe they told him he had to eat the food sold at the concessions there :sick:

Speaking of which, a grocery store just opened up a block from Javitz (b/n 9th and 10th Ave on 37th St.) that has prepared food far less disgusting than the slop served at Javitz, and there is also a bodega/deli on the corner of 10th Ave and 37th, if you need to step out and grab a bit.