• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

It never ceases to amaze me how much this area has changed in the last 15 years.

You would never, EVER want to hang out in the west 40s in the 90s. That was one scary place.

Now, people are flocking to Hell's Kitchen. There are parks and good schools and ridiculously priced apartments... Just like the rest of Manhattan.

It never ceases to amaze me how much this area has changed in the last 15 years.

You would never, EVER want to hang out in the west 40s in the 90s. That was one scary place.

Now, people are flocking to Hell's Kitchen. There are parks and good schools and ridiculously priced apartments... Just like the rest of Manhattan.

It is now known as Clinton to be more PC.

I myself pine for the Thai Chicken Zesto at Cafe Europa on 7th ave just across from Penn Station.

Europa Crispy Chicken Zesto used to be my jam for lunch, until I went on a diet. I'd get that thing at least a couple times a week. :luhv:

There is a new foodie food court up at 45th and 11th 5 min from NYCC. One of the places, Cannibal, has Daredevil themed cocktails (and pretty good food) in honor of Hell's Kitchen.

Hop down to my bar afterwards, 11th ave and 51st.

http://americanretrony.com

Is there a boardie discount to save lots on tots?

It is now known as Clinton to be more PC.

You misspelled Giuliani lol

I'm in the city and had a nice walk around. I walked right by Midtown comics and spent an hour in there.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

You were like a block from my office! :)

My NYC office is on 24th and Madison.

Will you be at the show tomorrow?

Why so early TPB?

with these events i have a difficult time sleeping. i live on Long Island, which makes it worse lol

i'll wind up laying down, tossing and turning, not getting any rest. so instead i'll hop on the LIRR and go stand in line with all the other sheep.

Funny thing is, last year it was fine, because of all the Dead things i wanted to pick up. This year, there is nothing exclusive wise, that i "NEED" to have.

Come check us out at Booth 2712

This year I have a TON of new material.

Golden age: 14 mag boxes of 10 cent esoteric stuff @ $10 each. Low grade but some very scarce books in here.

Silver and bronze: About 3500+ Marvel and DC books...hundreds of high grade books.

Bargain books: 3500 bronze and silver books at $3 each, all in A - Z order

Lots of "wall books" including a representation of most hot keys. ASM 129, Hulk 181, Action 252, etc... Many low grade affordable keys

I didn't really open up my booth yet so dealers haven't raided me. Come quick and early. Loads of good material.