• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

My wife's novel is being featured at the Penguin Booth at NYCC, #2108 I believe. It's called The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter. Please check it out if you get a chance. I would love to hear what you guys think of it.

http://www.penguin.com/static/pages/features/comic_con/?CMP=SMC-CON14

If anyone stops by the Penguin booth, can you take a picture? I am interested in how they are promoting my wife's novel. Thanks.

Which one is her book?

My wife's novel is being featured at the Penguin Booth at NYCC, #2108 I believe. It's called The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter. Please check it out if you get a chance. I would love to hear what you guys think of it.

If anyone stops by the Penguin booth, can you take a picture? I am interested in how they are promoting my wife's novel. Thanks.

Which one is her book?

See above. :baiting:

Which one is her book?

Yeah, look. With me, you get what you get. Reading skills is not part of it. doh!

Had an amazing time today and there was an amazing selection of comics.

I picked up two slabs from Greg Reece - JIM 86 7.5 and Iron Man 56 9.4

I also had this art commissioned for me by Adi Granov

96A4A629-A4E1-405B-A628-C62074B94B10_zpsqjpfvytd.jpg

I'm in heaven!

Which one is her book?

Yeah, look. With me, you get what you get. Reading skills is not part of it. doh!

Thanks guys.

Sucks for people who were preselling the Wytches #1 variant and who aren't named Dre - all the copies I saw were jacked up ...

Luckily the ones i picked were good as well, pays to get there early. Already submitted for SS.

Got back an hour ago.

Wore my Third Eye Comics shirt I picked up before the Baltimore show.

Brought an empty short box with 60-100 bags and boards.

Bought an additional 100 bags and boards from Hotflips.

Not only filled the short box with exclusives but used all of the bags and boards (might have 3 of each left).

Bought exclusives from Oni Press, Midtown Comics, Boom!, Skybound, IDW, Titan, Grafitti Designs, and Brian Pallido. Brian was really cool. In addition to signing everything I bought from him, he helped me find the other artists from the books and gave me two free prints. I am bringing in some of his early work for him to sign tomorrow (Evil Ernie Eternity books 1, 2, & 5).

Bringing some short boxes full of books for CGC tomorrow. Whatever I can't get signed will go blue label.

Just got back . . . Thursday is like Fridays now. Selling individual tickets for Thursday was a financial coup.

Attendance looked to be up for a Thursday.

Take public transportation as parking was impossible. They closed the lots across from Javits - that happy little secret is over :P

Tomorrow I will take the bus in ;)

The con was cool, pretty much the same as last year so far.

Resting the toes for tomorrow's onslaught zzz

Maybe with the extra income, Reed can hire some literate help. Spent over an hour fighting over a pass that was left for Bill Ryan because my drivers license says William, not Bill. First it wasn't there, then someone else had already picked it up, then they wanted an email confirmation, even though it was done after online registration was over. If it weren't for three extremely helpful volunteers, I'd still be on the outside looking in.

If you are coming from Penn, be advised the 34th St bus stop is now between 7th and 8th, as there is construction where it used to be.

E,F and 7 train are all running with delays because of construction.

Drew and I will go

Maybe with the extra income, Reed can hire some literate help. Spent over an hour fighting over a pass that was left for Bill Ryan because my drivers license says William, not Bill. First it wasn't there, then someone else had already picked it up, then they wanted an email confirmation, even though it was done after online registration was over. If it weren't for three extremely helpful volunteers, I'd still be on the outside looking in.

If you are coming from Penn, be advised the 34th St bus stop is now between 7th and 8th, as there is construction where it used to be.

E,F and 7 train are all running with delays because of construction.

Stinks you had all those troubles to get in.

Too bad we didn't meet up...there was a lot of traffic and I'm surprised I didn't run into many people.

Next time!