• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro is a thief

205 posts in this topic

Hey Joey,

The Amazing Spider-man was pressed after you pressed it. The presser said it was pressed improperly and it could get a higher grade.

And what grade did The CGC™ give it the second time?

A mule is a horse built by consensus.

Between the donkey and the horse ? ;)

:D

xxx ooo

Rupp

And this would be an example of ethically relevant sales information. I rest my case.

xxx ooo

Rupp

And this would be an example of ethically relevant sales information. I rest my case.

Correct ;)

... in thread that should have been locked by moderation days ago.

xxx ooo

Rupp

The debate has been had before but I remember some consensus in the belief that if a book has been professionally graded -- that information was at least ethically relevant sales information* when sold raw. :juggle:

*Due to the status that CGC has gained in the hobby.

I will ask this...

Let's say CGC gets a book back with a 9.4 label. It's sent through the process of regrading (knowing that supposedly the previous grade is unknown to the graders) and it comes back a 9.6.

Should CGC be ethically responsible to note that fact on the new label? Let's say the label could denote wording something like "Previously graded 9.4 copy serial # 069069069069" ?

Or they could even make us pay for that knowledge and have it included in the "for sale" grader's notes ;)

Discuss :D

What does this post have to do with this thread?

How about discussing it in a new thread.

Based on this quote here... why not?

While not talking about a "raw" per say... it still falls under the umbrella of some entity knowing the previous condition of a book.

How you doing Bob :D

The debate has been had before but I remember some consensus in the belief that if a book has been professionally graded -- that information was at least ethically relevant sales information* when sold raw. :juggle:

*Due to the status that CGC has gained in the hobby.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Hey Joey,

The Amazing Spider-man was pressed after you pressed it. The presser said it was pressed improperly and it could get a higher grade.

hm

Hey Joey,

Has Mr Slab Pro identified the other presser who said it was pressed improperly?

Would it surprise anyone if it was Matt or someone at CCS because they don't like Joey taking their business? Or perhaps because he does work for the competition?

And did Mr Slab Pro consider that maybe it's sour grapes from the other presser who just wants your business?

I ask this because I've had several books pressed by Joey over the past few years and I was happy with the service. I also used Matt before and was happy with the service.

The whole thing smells.

I've been VERY happy with the work Joey does. To say that he improperly presses books? Sounds more like someone did not get the information that they wanted to hear and rather take issue with the book itself, they take issue with the guy that delivers the news they don't want to hear.

BTW

Sent my Cap 47 down to Florida to have the spine roll taken out. This is for my keeper collection as this particular Golden Age book was on my 'must have list' for awhile. Here are the before and after shots. I think Joey does a great job. It is a 4.5 now with slight CT and the cover reattached with a new staple for anyone wondering. The label is cropped out. If Joey says that this is not going to press up. Why wouldn't slab pro listen?

Before and after pics.

Cap47FC.jpeg

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-26%20at%206.30.48%20PM.png

I've been VERY happy with the work Joey does. To say that he improperly presses books? Sounds more like someone did not get the information that they wanted to hear and rather take issue with the book itself, they take issue with the guy that delivers the news they don't want to hear.

BTW

Sent my Cap 47 down to Florida to have the spine roll taken out. This is for my keeper collection as this particular Golden Age book was on my 'must have list' for awhile. Here are the before and after shots. I think Joey does a great job. It is a 4.5 now with slight CT and the cover reattached with a new staple for anyone wondering. The label is cropped out. If Joey says that this is not going to press up. Why wouldn't slab pro listen?

Before and after pics.

Cap47FC.jpeg

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-26%20at%206.30.48%20PM.png

Wow!

:applause:

(worship)

I was pretty happy with the sample I was sent. Hopefully they didn't over extend themselves with their generosity.

151623879.large.jpg

Looks like they will not fit in the CGC boxes I have currently. Is there a CGC box that will fit the Slap-Pro's? I guess you can always lay them flat and stack them that way.

How/when did the cover become detached?

No way to tell. The CGC notes refer to it as an "extra staple, not manufacturing" as holding the cover together so it happened before it was originally slabbed. What I paid for it is easily found through Heritage and GPA so for what I put into the book, the cost of Joey's services and a reslabbing fee, I am still pleased with the overall turnout of the book and have crossed it off my comic buying bucket list. That's my keeper copy and cannot see picking up another unless it were to fall from the sky into my lap. It's a sharp looking book for the grade.

Joey does excellent work. I've already show off in the old thread, what he did for the Batman 47, ASM 2, 3, Hulk 181 and multiple others which can be found in either of the "Guess the Grade" contests I had. I have a round of books that I will be sending out soon with my CGC coupon.

So far I think I am definitely sending a raw Action 43 and might be sending an old label FF48 CGC 6.0 and two books to be determined. I trust him with my stuff and if a book does not come back the way that I had hoped, it falls on ME to pick better books to send.

and if a book does not come back the way that I had hoped, it falls on ME to pick better books to send.

...... and in the words of Frank Zappa, herein lies" The crux of the apostrophe..." GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I'm kind of new around here.... was this a "Friday Thread"?....... and I'm with Roy here.... If Joey and Slab Pro are done with this.... I suppose we should be too 2c

BTW

Before and after pics.

Cap47FC.jpeg

> 26%20at%206.30.48%20PM.png

Wow. That is definitely a huge difference. Looks really nice (thumbs u

xxx ooo

Rupp

Correct ;)

... in thread that should have been locked by moderation days ago.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Well, someone humped the button on the first post, and the thread is still here. I am guessing the mods didn't deem the thread worthy of a lock.

:shrug:

-slym