• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro is a thief

205 posts in this topic

Cool Slab-Pro's. ™
Got that trademark quick after losing out on "cool books" eh Logan?

lol

I never lost out on Cool Books. I take pride that it's become part of the lexicon. :)

So is slab pro going on a shame list at this point or it is just common sense not to deal with them ?
My understanding is he made good on whatever deal went south; so, no HOS. As to not dealing with him, I agree with Roy, :hi: , on that torches come out too quick around here. Unless you are a member of these boards, offering a "guaranteed grade" is not something that seems underhanded. In fact, just the opposite, you are backing up your grading with a guarantee.

Joey says that SlabPro cracked the books and put them up raw with a higher grade. SlabPro says he had them pressed again before putting them back up; regardless, SlabPro refunded money when asked. He is not guilty of Hammer-level shenanigans just poor business practices. That may be enough to put people off of buying from him. It doesn't matter to me as he doesn't seem to sell what I deem, "Cool books." :grin:

Now, to recap:

1) As far as I know, Joeypost is awesome. His posting a warning about past dealings with SlabPro was entirely appropriate and it was being a good forumite(formie? (shrug) ).

2) SlabPro may have done some shady business practices in the past.

3) Slabpro is selling only cgc graded books here and says he is not doing previous practices.

4)Torches were lit and ropes strung around tree branches.

5) Badger gets flamed for poking his nose in.

devil-roasting-smiley-emoticon.gif

The debate has been had before but I remember some consensus in the belief that if a book has been professionally graded -- that information was at least ethically relevant sales information* when sold raw. :juggle:

*Due to the status that CGC has gained in the hobby.