• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage

347 posts in this topic

Romitaman.com has a bunch of Fastner/Larson paintings on the site. I'd expected these to sell closer to that ballpark.

Congrats to the winners. I love the Alpha Flight one in particular

Yeah, I think Mike has his F&L portfolio paintings (Spider-Man and X-Men) up for like $8-12K each (though, they've sat around for a while at those levels).

I thought the Alpha Flight painting would whomp the Wolvie one, but guess two people wanted the Wolvie and all the Canucks failed to support the Alpha Flight one. lol

Hey Gene, it does not surprise me that that was your piece as it really is a fantastic representation from the latter stages of the Golden Indy period. Obviously Schultz has a following and I think it is work every penny of the 8.6K if I am a tad surprised the price tag was in excess of that years ago. I was out after 7K.

It was listed for $12K and I bought it for $10K a little over 5 years ago on a dealer site. Since then, I bought another cover from the series in excess of $14K, and the 3-D one had a larger sized image (and a very nice one at that). I would have thought $10-$12K was fair, but, oh well... :(

Hey Gene, it does not surprise me that that was your piece as it really is a fantastic representation from the latter stages of the Golden Indy period. Obviously Schultz has a following and I think it is work every penny of the 8.6K if I am a tad surprised the price tag was in excess of that years ago. I was out after 7K.

It was listed for $12K and I bought it for $10K a little over 5 years ago on a dealer site. Since then, I bought another cover from the series in excess of $14K, and the 3-D one had a larger sized image (and a very nice one at that). I would have thought $10-$12K was fair, but, oh well... :(

bummer :(

Paul smith xmen page is going great guns right now

:screwy:

OK if an xmen fan like you can say it then I don't feel so bad whole heartedly agreeing. lol

I'm just messing with you guys. I bought it. :banana:

I hadn't planned on going to the mat for it, but, after losing out on the Kirby/Sinnott FF 99 splash (I was the underbidder) and the Wood/Powell DD 9 page (got smoked even though I put in what I thought was a strong bid), I decided to bump up my max on the X-Men #173 page from $7,500 to "whatever it takes". lol

Even though I'm going to take a loss on my consignment, the good news is that I'm guaranteed to take in more in sales proceeds than I'm buying in this sale (the F&L X-Men painting, one of the Buscema SS #7 pages, the P. Smith X-Men #173 page and hopefully one small piece in tomorrow's session).

OK if an xmen fan like you can say it then I don't feel so bad whole heartedly agreeing. lol

I hadn't planned on going to the mat for it, but, after losing out on the Kirby/Sinnott FF 99 splash (I was the underbidder) and the Wood/Powell DD 9 page (got smoked even though I put in what I thought was a strong bid), I decided to bump up my max on the X-Men #173 page from $7,500 to "whatever it takes". lol

Even though I'm going to take a loss on my consignment, the good news is that I'm guaranteed to take in more in sales proceeds than I'm buying in this sale (the F&L X-Men painting, one of the Buscema SS #7 pages, the P. Smith X-Men #173 page and hopefully one small piece in tomorrow's session).

lol

:tonofbricks:

A cash positive auction! Never hurts. :)

Man, took a hit on the two Boris pieces I consigned. I expected to with "Barbarian Woman", as I bought it back when Boris paintings were still hard to find; a few years later, the floodgates opened and Heritage got dozens/hundreds of paintings for sale.

I'm surprised, though, to have lost money on that Conan movie poster prelim - it's super tight and super nice - can't believe the market says it's a <$2K piece! I mean, what else that cool can you buy for that price? Can't believe that's not even worth the $2.2K I paid years ago. :facepalm:

Barry Smith Conan the Barbarian #4

$87K

That is crazy.

A little high, but not crazy IMO.

Scott

Full disclosure. I was the under bidder, so of course I didn't think it was crazy. My Heritage luck is consistent.

Scott

I guess I'm in the minority. I thought this was going to hit $100K all day long.