• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
21 21

2,945 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2024 at 6:08 PM, CitrusZ28 said:

How about Lancelot Link Secret Chimp.

image.jpeg.7ab3720c51c32f74c072f7a3dc0fad28.jpeg

s-l400.jpg

Ha Ha.  I taught High School art for 20 years. And first heard of Lancelot Link when I did my student teaching.  I Had a really funny kid who I’m pretty sure was mildly autistic who told me Lance was boring and that my new name was Lancelot Link.  Needless to say that period the entire class called me Mr Lancelot Link.  Good times! :bigsmile:

Hello! I've been a bit of a lurker for a while and thought I would finally speak up! I've been collecting since I was a kid in the 1990s (all my friends were into Death of Superman and X-Titles, but I was reading DeFalco's Fantastic Four). My dad gave me his collection from the 70s--lots of Shang-Chi, Kirbys DC stuff, and Conan--and I've recently fallen for the Golden Age....especially Lev Gleason non-crime titles---of all things! Anyway, hope to be more vocal and less of a lurker.  

On 7/20/2024 at 4:32 PM, jlafan44 said:

Hello! I've been a bit of a lurker for a while and thought I would finally speak up! I've been collecting since I was a kid in the 1990s (all my friends were into Death of Superman and X-Titles, but I was reading DeFalco's Fantastic Four). My dad gave me his collection from the 70s--lots of Shang-Chi, Kirbys DC stuff, and Conan--and I've recently fallen for the Golden Age....especially Lev Gleason non-crime titles---of all things! Anyway, hope to be more vocal and less of a lurker.  

Welcome to the boards 🤠 

I am the same person as the old "The Blob" who has been here 20 years, but I seem to have forgot my password and I am linked to an e-mail address that got corrupted that I can no longer access, so I'm starting over again here until I can figure out how to use my old login. I'm "less" because I've lost a bunch of weight.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:38 AM, The Less Blob said:

I am the same person as the old "The Blob" who has been here 20 years, but I seem to have forgot my password and I am linked to an e-mail address that got corrupted that I can no longer access, so I'm starting over again here until I can figure out how to use my old login. I'm "less" because I've lost a bunch of weight.

Congrats on the weight loss, Lord willing on purpose, and welcome back! :headbang:

• Administrator
On 7/25/2024 at 12:38 PM, The Less Blob said:

I am going to work on your old account.  You may lose this new one.  Please be patient until I can get this fixed.

On 7/25/2024 at 12:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Congrats on the weight loss, Lord willing on purpose, and welcome back! :headbang:

I've lost 75 pounds since I hit my recent worst in March and have a host of health issues over the last year that could not have been made better by being morbidly obese. Want to lose another 75, but that much might not be realistic.

Edited by The Less Blob

Hey guys & gals! 

My name is Joe and I've spent the last 10 or so years working at Superworld Comics, so if you have bought some books from Ted in the past there is a chance I shipped it out or even met some of you at shows! Ive been on the boards @Joe_Fish but I figured I'd start a new account with my business. My brother and I have have launched our website and are selling on a few different avenues including whatnot, eBay & we will be at shows! Once we get a little more free time we will be listing more on the boards here. 

I've been collecting for 12 years, I love the Golden Age and a huge Phantom Collector!  

On 8/7/2024 at 5:57 PM, Robo Picto Comics said:

Hey guys & gals! 

My name is Joe and I've spent the last 10 or so years working at Superworld Comics, so if you have bought some books from Ted in the past there is a chance I shipped it out or even met some of you at shows! Ive been on the boards @Joe_Fish but I figured I'd start a new account with my business. My brother and I have have launched our website and are selling on a few different avenues including whatnot, eBay & we will be at shows! Once we get a little more free time we will be listing more on the boards here. 

I've been collecting for 12 years, I love the Golden Age and a huge Phantom Collector!  

Welcome

On 7/25/2024 at 11:23 AM, The Less Blob said:

I've lost 75 pounds since I hit my recent worst in March and have a host of health issues over the last year that could not have been made better by being morbidly obese. Want to lose another 75, but that much might not be realistic.

Congrats on the weight loss.  It will make a difference.  Keep losing a bit at a time and you can hit your goal.

Well, I've had a YouTube and Instagram for long enough I decided to finally join the chat boards. Been collecting since 2016 but I remember reading comics as a kid as there was a comic book store down the way from where I practiced karate. I'll have to do my best to look up how to register some of my books I plan on keeping forever. I wanna say I have like 60-70 cgc books with some coming back either tomorrow or Tuesday. 

On 8/18/2024 at 5:34 PM, Berkfam54 said:

Well, I've had a YouTube and Instagram for long enough I decided to finally join the chat boards. Been collecting since 2016 but I remember reading comics as a kid as there was a comic book store down the way from where I practiced karate. I'll have to do my best to look up how to register some of my books I plan on keeping forever. I wanna say I have like 60-70 cgc books with some coming back either tomorrow or Tuesday. 

Awesome and welcome! There is a back from cgc thread when the time comes!

On 8/18/2024 at 4:34 PM, Berkfam54 said:

What's your favorite book Berkie?