• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,913 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2023 at 9:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It would be more than welcomed, in confidence to post there, but yes the slabbed grade would net the most profit.

How much is it to "press and grade". What is pressing?  How do you determine which books to grade? how much might that change the value for a late 1980s comic superman comic book? Enough to make sense grading?

Hi everyone,

I'm Paul. Over the next year, I will be selling off a collection. I went to the Newbie forum and asked about the best places to sell. Based on the comments, I'm leaning towards My Comic Shop (MCS); however, a couple of people suggested that I try the CGC Chat Boards first.

Can someone give me the link on how to sell here?

Thanks!

On 2/24/2024 at 12:25 PM, PaulM45 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm Paul. Over the next year, I will be selling off a collection. I went to the Newbie forum and asked about the best places to sell. Based on the comments, I'm leaning towards My Comic Shop (MCS); however, a couple of people suggested that I try the CGC Chat Boards first.

Can someone give me the link on how to sell here?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard!

You can find the rules for selling on the boards here:

I've only sold here a couple of times, but I used those rules and built my sales threads first in the "Testing 123" forum which is found down in the General Discussion section. Think of that like a private page that you can play with to build your ad around the rules. Once I got everything ready, I copy and paste that in to the correct sales forum.

image.png.29200071161152eddee04f9ec604922f.png

Good Luck with the sales!

-bc

On 2/24/2024 at 12:34 PM, bc said:

Welcome aboard!

You can find the rules for selling on the boards here:

I've only sold here a couple of times, but I used those rules and built my sales threads first in the "Testing 123" forum which is found down in the General Discussion section. Think of that like a private page that you can play with to build your ad around the rules. Once I got everything ready, I copy and paste that in to the correct sales forum.

image.png.29200071161152eddee04f9ec604922f.png

Good Luck with the sales!

-bc

Thanks for the information!

On 2/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, STLDano said:

How much is it to ")press and )grade". 1)What is pressing? 3)) How do you determine which books to grade? 4)how much might that change the value for a late 1980s comic superman comic book? 5)Enough to make sense grading?

Newbie Comic Collecting Questions - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Those are a lot of questions that only you can answer, no one can tell you how to collect, nor put it all in one post without asking a TON of more questions. I encourage you to start at the link above.

1)Pressing a s CGC service, so is 2) grading :cheers: 3) any book you want, collect what you love! 4) doubtful for me :cheers: 5) depends on #1-4

On 2/25/2024 at 8:42 AM, Kortoga said:

Hi, my name is Kortoga, I am new, I own zero comic books, and have a specific comic book I want to buy for my first ever. This is posrt #42, working to #50 so I can post in the Wanted section.

Welcome 🤔 to the boards 

Hey!

I'm Russ.  I stopped reading comics years ago (except for Groo the Wanderer of course) and I have been selling off my collection over the past year.  I have sent several of my comics to CGC and they came back with high grades and I sold them for $$.  BUT, somewhere in the process of selling comics, I started buying them again and now I am addicted once more  ¬¬......that's why I am here!

I'm now a HUGE Peacemaker fan and love Brzrkr too.     

On 3/1/2024 at 10:46 AM, Capt-Ajax said:

Hey!

I'm Russ.  I stopped reading comics years ago (except for Groo the Wanderer of course) and I have been selling off my collection over the past year.  I have sent several of my comics to CGC and they came back with high grades and I sold them for $$.  BUT, somewhere in the process of selling comics, I started buying them again and now I am addicted once more  ¬¬......that's why I am here!

I'm now a HUGE Peacemaker fan and love Brzrkr too.     

:x:takeit:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here.  My name is Joe and I live in Canada.  I've just sent in my very first set of books to be graded.   Among my favorite books to collect are silver age Amazing Spider-Man and all of Jeff Smith's books, namely Bone.  If anyone has any they'd like to sell feel free to message me :)  Thanks

Edited by Joethelocator

On 3/8/2024 at 6:48 PM, Joethelocator said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new here.  My name is Joe and I live in Canada.  I've just sent in my very first set of books to be graded.   Among my favorite books to collect are silver age Amazing Spider-Man and all of Jeff Smith's books, namely Bone.  If anyone has any they'd like to sell feel free to message me :)  Thanks

Welcome! Collectors of all the above here  :)

In the modern section there have been new auctions followed for bone, in that titled thread specifically.

Stirrings! Hope your collection does well and leads to something  :cheers:

On 3/8/2024 at 10:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome! Collectors of all the above here  :)

In the modern section there have been new auctions followed for bone, in that titled thread specifically.

Stirrings! Hope your collection does well and leads to something  :cheers:

Thanks for letting me know!

Hello everyone,

My name is Don.  I've been lurking about for about two months and figured it was time to introduce myself.  I've recently started collecting Bronze Age books, specifically Marvel titles.  Some of my favorites are Captain America, Iron Man, and Spiderman, to name a few.  I am also a huge Star Wars fan.  I have a few long boxes of Star Wars Dark Horse and the recent Marvel titles

I'm looking forward to learning how to do all the stuff the CGC has to offer.

On 3/11/2024 at 3:22 PM, Dbuzz83 said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Don.  I've been lurking about for about two months and figured it was time to introduce myself.  I've recently started collecting Bronze Age books, specifically Marvel titles.  Some of my favorites are Captain America, Iron Man, and Spiderman, to name a few.  I am also a huge Star Wars fan.  I have a few long boxes of Star Wars Dark Horse and the recent Marvel titles

Sounds complicated but once or twice going through the motions, it is relatively "simple or easy!" It was for me and my prayer for you as well.

There is a "spare a grade" part of the forum. Read the rules, but I think two books are allowed per day. If you have a printer with a scanner or if you must do just pics from every angle, upload in that part of the forum. People test their grading there and have become quite proficient to equal cgc standard grade. Who knows? After a few examples and you might have it down pact as well ❤️‍🩹 or close enough to where you'll feel confident in what you submit to CGC!

Welcome to the boards!

On 3/11/2024 at 4:22 PM, Dbuzz83 said:

Hello everyone,

Don,

Welcome from your neighbor in NJ. This is a great community. You'll find almost anything you're looking for here. I'm a big SW fan as well. I own the complete original run about 10X over. Also starting to collect the recent stuff. Enjoy!

On 3/11/2024 at 10:51 PM, Calidream'n said:

Don,

Welcome from your neighbor in NJ. This is a great community. You'll find almost anything you're looking for here. I'm a big SW fan as well. I own the complete original run about 10X over. Also starting to collect the recent stuff. Enjoy!

I've been to NJ a few times. My nephew graduated from NJIT a bunch of years back. We live in northwest PA, about a six-hour drive from here.

Star Wars has been a love of mine since 1977.  I was 12 when it came out, and I have been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, my mom ditched all my comic books after I left for the military.  I had many of the old Marvel Star Wars books and a ton of other titles, too.  I was devastated when I returned from overseas.  She told me it was time to grow up!  All she did was create a monster at that point!  LOL

On 3/13/2024 at 8:02 PM, Dbuzz83 said:

I've been to NJ a few times. My nephew graduated from NJIT a bunch of years back. We live in northwest PA, about a six-hour drive from here.

Star Wars has been a love of mine since 1977.  I was 12 when it came out, and I have been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, my mom ditched all my comic books after I left for the military.  I had many of the old Marvel Star Wars books and a ton of other titles, too.  I was devastated when I returned from overseas.  She told me it was time to grow up!  All she did was create a monster at that point!  LOL

@Dbuzz83 I was 9 when it came out. Same story; saw it once and I was hooked. My paper route money went directly towards the Mile High Comics catalog of every SW comic they had. Loved collecting the cards too. Joined the military and my younger brother found my collection. All my unused original cards and stickers; gone. All my original figures; gone. Somehow, my original series of comics survived his grubby little fingers! 

new to this site. i have my old comics from the 60's and i want to see about getting them graded. i read the  grading fees but it is greek to me. can someone explain it to me like i'm in grade school.