• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,915 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm a comic book reader and collector from Spain. I was pre-ordering monthly and buying back issues for more than a decade but left the hobby in 2017. After that hiatus, I want to start again because I miss reading comic books and the community too.

I'm testing the waters and updating myself for now (reading forums and news sites, what's going on with the current market and what comic books I might like, watching some YouTube channels...). I'm sorting my collection and having fun, which is my fundamental goal. I'm training again my grading skills (which I had some in the past) and reading some price and grading guides.

I just want to say that I'm willing to chat and have a good time with collectors within Europe and in this forums.

Thank you all for your knowledge and your passion about the medium.

Have a good time!

On 10/8/2023 at 7:46 PM, Fresca430 said:

I'm new at this. Going through the process. Started off by creating an account here, as I'm hoping to get some of my comics graded. I purchased a pretty decent Starslayer #10 first appearance of Grim Jack today for $10 Canadian. I'll look into getting a press in time and cleaning tools along the way as well. I'm debating whether I should buy one of eBay or Amazon! We'll see. Thanks 

On 10/21/2023 at 1:24 AM, SushiX said:

It's been a few years but I'm so happy to be back on the forums! I hope to chat with all the wonderful people on here once again!!:foryou:

On 10/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, Comic Book Scavenger said:

Hello!

I'm a comic book reader and collector from Spain. I was pre-ordering monthly and buying back issues for more than a decade but left the hobby in 2017. After that hiatus, I want to start again because I miss reading comic books and the community too.

I'm testing the waters and updating myself for now (reading forums and news sites, what's going on with the current market and what comic books I might like, watching some YouTube channels...). I'm sorting my collection and having fun, which is my fundamental goal. I'm training again my grading skills (which I had some in the past) and reading some price and grading guides.

I just want to say that I'm willing to chat and have a good time with collectors within Europe and in this forums.

Thank you all for your knowledge and your passion about the medium.

Have a good time!

Welcome to the Boards and some welcome back, still a lot of info to be found! Glad to have some interest. :)

On 11/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, JORDAN N said:

I only started collecting in 2020, but only found there was a CGC forum today!

I hope to learn a lot here as I'm active on other forums (mostly watches) and the GUI is so similar!

Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the boards! :)

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new and just started commenting on the boards. 

I'm a 41 year old comic collector and I've been reading comics since I was able to read. I'm a huge fan of X-Men and The Punisher. I'll collect anything I think is cool, but X-Men is my bread and butter. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, CorndogBurglar said:

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new and just started commenting on the boards. 

I'm a 41 year old comic collector and I've been reading comics since I was able to read. I'm a huge fan of X-Men and The Punisher. I'll collect anything I think is cool, but X-Men is my bread and butter. 

I'm catching up on the Animated Series now, as I hear it might be revisited. My how time has flown. Welcome to the boards

My name is Dylan. Reading the entire run of The Sandman series a friend let me borrow got me hooked on comics for life. I have 100's of tpb but only recently (a little over a year) started collecting single issues. Then about a month ago I started to dabble with slabs. 

My first slab was a 9.8 sig series Ice Cream Man signed variant. I loved the look and the "really official" signature aspect. I hung it on my wall until my son slammed my door so hard it fell off and cracked. Now, I have a out 10 slabs that I have bought from online sites.

I decided yesterday to sign up for a membership here at CGC and try my hand at sending in a few. I am slowly putting together about 5 comics I want slabbed and see if it's something I wants (and can afford) to keep doing.

Love talking comics, mostly indie and DC. Cat wait for Wednesdays when I can head to my LCS and nerd out.

I am a single father of two kids and comics are my one active hobby that I put money into. Can't wait to meet everyone and talk shop and comics!

IMG_20231129_073137_01.jpg

IMG_20231129_073136_01.jpg

On 12/2/2023 at 1:53 AM, VinniAlmost said:

My name is Dylan. Reading the entire run of The Sandman series a friend let me borrow got me hooked on comics for life. I have 100's of tpb but only recently (a little over a year) started collecting single issues. Then about a month ago I started to dabble with slabs. 

My first slab was a 9.8 sig series Ice Cream Man signed variant. I loved the look and the "really official" signature aspect. I hung it on my wall until my son slammed my door so hard it fell off and cracked. Now, I have a out 10 slabs that I have bought from online sites.

I decided yesterday to sign up for a membership here at CGC and try my hand at sending in a few. I am slowly putting together about 5 comics I want slabbed and see if it's something I wants (and can afford) to keep doing.

Love talking comics, mostly indie and DC. Cat wait for Wednesdays when I can head to my LCS and nerd out.

I am a single father of two kids and comics are my one active hobby that I put money into. Can't wait to meet everyone and talk shop and comics!

IMG_20231129_073137_01.jpg

IMG_20231129_073136_01.jpg

Well welcome! Cgc has a reholders service you can pay for, I think that cracked slab would qualify, as idk that the book itself got damaged. Long story, but I think the cost is like $20 plus shipping, however if you bundle it with others that are sent for grading, it might ship back to you separately or something so paying for shipping twice? One for reholder submission and regular grading submission...

Hello there,

I've had a Forum account for a few years, but haven't posted. I guess there's some drama happening right now, so I'm interested in seeing what's going on. Saying "hello" to anyone that doesn't know me yet, and also saying "hello" to those that know me already.

Hello.

Hey all,

I am somewhat new to the forum.  I used to collect comics in the early 90’s (In the Image era).  My kids liked the x-men cartoon and started getting into comics so here I am.  I have a random spot in our house that does not get any direct light, so have been hanging up comics.  Been slowly buying/trading comics for about 6 months.  My favorite that I have gotten for the daughters is a cgc 9.8 Bloodstone 1.