• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

I'm a new member but I think this could be really fun! Super stressful trying to know what to buy for you members that already own everything awesome. I feel like whatever I would offer would just be spoon to you guys (or rather something you already own and in better grade) xD

I'm a new member but I think this could be really fun! Super stressful trying to know what to buy for you members that already own everything awesome. I feel like whatever I would offer would just be spoon to you guys (or rather something you already own and in better grade) xD

You would be surprised how many members love receiving free *spoon*. Stick around and next year find out. (Thumbs u

Update 3:

After a hazy night at a Skrillex concert, HolidayHam was last seen having Green drink at Spago.

Stay strong my friend.

GG

Little bit of a headache, but I'll manage. :)

How many people have signed up this year so far?

It is a special time of year, so let's get lots of participation!! :whee:

HH

Update 3:

After a hazy night at a Skrillex concert, HolidayHam was last seen having Green drink at Spago.

Stay strong my friend.

GG

Little bit of a headache, but I'll manage. :)

How many people have signed up this year so far?

It is a special time of year, so let's get lots of participation!! :whee:

HH

Pace yourself friend, if my sources are correct your next location is a doozie.

Also we have 74 members joining the festivities so far. :headbang:

I'm in.

Say, what is everyone's preferred amount of detail in our wish list? In the past, I've always been very general, saying something like "any sword and sorcery type of comics" or "anything featuring a damsel in distress on the cover." Boardies I've been Santa for have been very specific sometimes, pointing out 2-3 very specific books, while others have given extensive want list items.

What do most of you prefer? General or specific? Short list or long?

I'm in.

Say, what is everyone's preferred amount of detail in our wish list? In the past, I've always been very general, saying something like "any sword and sorcery type of comics" or "anything featuring a damsel in distress on the cover." Boardies I've been Santa for have been very specific sometimes, pointing out 2-3 very specific books, while others have given extensive want list items.

I specified 4 or 5 titles/genres/characters, but no specific issues. I tried to keep it short, yet provide some specifics that we applicable to my focus. I like to think that others will do that, too - so it gives you some variety to have fun with.

I'm in.

I put down general interests and a few specific items so it usually goes something like this,

Below is a list of some specific items I might like to receive but I would really appreciate any gift at all. My general interests include comics and collectibles from GI Joe or The Simpsons.

When I am shopping for someone I usually like to buy something more specific on their list if they put it down and I can afford it, then I also like to include something that they did not necessarily asked for or expect but fits within their collecting focus and might be a nice surprise. So for me I do appreciate knowing what you are generally into as well as some specifics that might range in price a little. :)

My favorite part of this whole thing is looking into the boardie I'm buying for, looking at recent posts, etc. You can find a lot of information reading old posts or talking to others who have sold to him recently.

As I told my recipient last year "I spent more time staring at your registry than you probably did!"