• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Preacher is lol funny from time to time. My kids never read the comic but 2 absolutely love the show. Its not perfect but it is WAY over the top. Outcast is a very different kind of show. Good in it's own right but way more intense. Both have their moments.

I loved the last episode! I just wish they could have made the "Genesis" reveal sooner.

I still don't feel a "Heavenly" or "Supernatural" vibe from the show though. Maybe it's just me.

It's already been mentioned but that hotel scene was fun! I can see this season setting up the book very well. Want to see more SOK!

How so? It seems like they only need a few more random changes to completely demolish the comic series.

It's already been mentioned but that hotel scene was fun! I can see this season setting up the book very well. Want to see more SOK!

How so? It seems like they only need a few more random changes to completely demolish the comic series.

Right??? The woman and I were watching it last night, looking at each other saying "huh???"

I get it, it's loosely based on the comic and stuff will be changed but to have such drastic deviations from the source material, well I'm only still watching to see more Saint Of Killers. I skipped 2 episodes but tuned back in when I read here that SOK was in it last week

I can somewhat take the show when there's less Tulip. I seriously can't stand her, I swear her face makes me want to put my foot through the TV

For those that think that Jesse is an unlikable /abusing his power....here ya go.

Get a stack of books to rebag/board to kill some time and listen to this podcast with Sam Caitlin that breaks down all of these issues:

http://media.amc.com/assets/show-preacher/podcast/season-1/assets/preacher-s1-ep-105.mp3

lol, I thought last nights episode was fantastic. I was not disappointed in thinking I'd come here to see the immediate complaining. I'm going to enjoy doing that the next few years as it keeps rolling along.

I too though it was a bizarre episode, but in a f'ing awesome way.

I Agree. It was a huge payoff !

Excellent directing from Guillermo Navarro........

....that motel fight......WOW !!

The motel fight was brilliant...it looked and felt like it would if you asked Dillon to draw that sequence and then you looked inside his head. It's EXACTLY what I would have expected to see in his brain.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was watching that scene.

Ratings for the show are still not good. Episode 5 was 1.43 compared to a 1.14 for episode 4.

I still need to catch up to the most recent Episode.

I watch Preacher on Amazon - does that factor into it's ratings number?

For those that think that Jesse is an unlikable /abusing his power....here ya go.

Get a stack of books to rebag/board to kill some time and listen to this podcast with Sam Caitlin that breaks down all of these issues:

http://media.amc.com/assets/show-preacher/podcast/season-1/assets/preacher-s1-ep-105.mp3

I just read the comics. (shrug)

Even with the deviations from the source material, I gotta say I liked the last episode.....the motel fight, Eugene goes to Hell.....just the right amount of supernatural for this point in the storyline. Both situations tease more to come.

I still hate Tulip. She really sucks in an epic way.

Ratings for the show are still not good. Episode 5 was 1.43 compared to a 1.14 for episode 4.

I think it has a factor on sponsors and being renewed

Even with the deviations from the source material, I gotta say I liked the last episode.....the motel fight, Eugene goes to Hell.....just the right amount of supernatural for this point in the storyline. Both situations tease more to come.

Totally agree. I haven't been a huge fan up to this point, but the most recent episode was a big improvement. The motel fight was fantastic.

Of course, then they go back to Tulip and Love Interest Whose Name I Don't Remember for 10 minutes of boredom.

I have a feeling part of the deal for Rogen would have included a very low bar, if any bar at all, for renewal. The way he spoke about this season as prologue for season two, even before season 1 premiered, tells me it was more than just self-confidence.

That goes without saying, I'd think but I am unsure how Amazon watchers get figured into Neilson ratings(if they are accounted for by Neilson at all).

As far as your statement about the ratings for Preacher being "still low", I'd disagree with that.You seem to be overlooking its' ratings in relation to the fact it is on a basic cable network.

Preacher is the second highest rated show on AMC, Walking Dead being the highest rated.That said,you can bet that preacher will be on AMC for years.

And based on the competition Preacher has faced over its' 6 week run so far, I think it is a safe bet that the ratings will start trending upward, soon enough.

In that respect, it should follow a similiar ratings arc as Breaking Bad.

Last week, Preacher was aired opposite the Game Of Thrones season finale.... the week before that it was opposite an NBA Finals Playoff game....and so on.

Beh.

I think Ruth Negga does a pretty fine role of playing Tulip, I put the slight misdirection of her character onto Rogan and Goldberg's directing, which needs improvement.That said, I'm glad other directors are handling the show now.

Negga is a very good actress, with the right director and so on, she has a very impressive range....which you are starting to see more of, in the past 2 episodes.

I recently watched Iona,a 2015 movie which she starred in, along with Tom Brooke.

If you watch this movie, I guarantee your opinion of Negga would change:

But besides all of that, I liked Negga as Tulip from the start.

Beh.

I think Ruth Negga does a pretty fine role of playing Tulip, I put the slight misdirection of her character onto Rogan and Goldberg's directing, which needs improvement.That said, I'm glad other directors are handling the show now.

Negga is a very good actress, with the right director and so on, she has a very impressive range....which you are starting to see more of, in the past 2 episodes.

I recently watched Iona,a 2015 movie which she starred in, along with Tom Brooke.

If you watch this movie, I guarantee your opinion of Negga would change:

But besides all of that, I liked Negga as Tulip from the start.

Recently saw the World of Warcraft movie... had a hard time watching Jesse and Tulip play the King and Queen in Stormwind. Not because they can't act - they did fine jobs playing vastly different characters from their television roles - but it was just weird to see them together so soon after they'd been cemented in my mind as their characters from Preacher.

Anyway, this is a round about somewhat off topic way for me to agree that she is definitely not a bad actress - I agree with your assessment, the direction she is receiving, or the direction they're taking Tulip in, is simply bad or vastly different from the source material.

Preacher is the second highest rated show on AMC, Walking Dead being the highest rated.That said,you can bet that preacher will be on AMC for years.

It's the 5th highest rated:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/amc-network-tv-show-ratings-33643/

It's the second highest rated if you don't consider anything with "WALKING DEAD" or "BADLANDS" in the title. :flamed:

And all the pointing to how great the show must be doing as a reason it's renewed....they also renewed "Halt and Catch Fire" that's got less than 1/3 the viewers of Preacher. So they aren't all that picky it seems. lol