• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Was out at a punk festival show Sunday night so I didn't watch the 3rd episode when it aired. It's 4 days later and I still haven't watched it on demand, don't feel like wasting a whole hour I guess

Was out at a punk festival show Sunday night so I didn't watch the 3rd episode when it aired. It's 4 days later and I still haven't watched it on demand, don't feel like wasting a whole hour I guess

I haven't felt a 'need' to watch 3 either....can't wait for Outcast on Friday though :lol:

How did Donny know to wait in that specific gas station bathroom for Jesse? Or did I miss something?

I'm pretty sure Jesse and Tulip were not in town when they met on the road, and then they were headed for Houston, not Anneville.

Whuzzat....a punk festival show?

Duuuuude....aren't you in your 30's or 40's?

Keep your Dead Kennedy's CD's on repeat, while you keep your negativity to yourself, hipster (tsk)

I am sorry, but if you are to post up dismissive schlop about my favorite comic of all time (and now favorite TV show) and you will be greeted with a distinctly less than friendly retort. :makepoint:

How did Donny know to wait in that specific gas station bathroom for Jesse? Or did I miss something?

I'm pretty sure Jesse and Tulip were not in town when they met on the road, and then they were headed for Houston, not Anneville.

Donny's wife kicked him out and he was actually living in that bathroom stall.

I have had left overs in the fridge for four days. They now kind of look like Punk.

Last two CGC 9.8's of Preacher 1 have sold for $830 and $860 while 1 week ago there were still bringing about 1K. Don't know if its a trend yet but would suspect with the fact the ratings are going down as well that the pricing will too.

I think it has more to do with the book not being worth 1K except for a few days of pre-show eBay insanity.

Last two CGC 9.8's of Preacher 1 have sold for $830 and $860 while 1 week ago there were still bringing about 1K. Don't know if its a trend yet but would suspect with the fact the ratings are going down as well that the pricing will too.

I think it has more to do with the book not being worth 1K except for a few days of pre-show eBay insanity.

I agree 100% but it did sell for quite some time before the premier and after at 1K or close to it.

I read that Breaking Bad and Mad Men had similar ratings for their first seasons so it may rebound nicely but right now they are losing viewers.

I thought that the angels getting run over was pretty funny. I didn't expect it.....and that was the funny part.

If there had been foreshadowing of it with Cassidy trailing them, it would have lost some of the comedic shock IMHO.

Yes, it was funny, but the editing was bad. How about a shot where they get lit up by headlights from behind and they turn around.... closeup shot on there faces and.... Bam, they get run over.

The edits in the show just seem a little too fast and jumpy.

3 episodes in.

Overall I like it but am not "hooked" yet (although I am going to keep watching because I am a fan of the comics)

2 big problems for me:

1) I can understand Arseface way better than I can understand Cassidy. If that's not corrected then they are going to lose a lot of viewers.

2) The editing is painful sometimes. When the 2 angels get out of their car and suddenly Cassidy hits/runs over them with his car.... I mean come on.... you needed to show Cassidy following them, or at least a shot of him driving with them in his sights. The church is in the middle of no where.... does Cassidy's car have a "stealth mode".

The editing is super choppy. Maybe they're having trouble fitting the episodes into the time constraints.

The editing has definitely been bad at some points, but if you recall, just before Cassidy mowed down the Angels, he did actually spot their vehicle - that's how he knew they were back, and he actually commented on it after running them over. And a vampire probably doesn't need headlights. Plus, as mentioned, it's just funnier for him to come out of nowhere and run them over cartoon style.

And I have yet to have any problems understanding Cassidy - I agree it's going to be a problem if a large number of people are having this issue though, and I've seen a handful of people here state the same as you. That has to be frustrating! Especially considering he's the most entertaining character by a long shot.

I was scratching my head at this too, I guess he must have followed them? :shrug:

I hope the editing is tightened up going forward.

I haven't felt a 'need' to watch 3 either....can't wait for Outcast on Friday though :lol:

I wish I felt this way - I watched the first episode of Outcast, and it was better than I thought it'd be, but honestly that isn't saying much. I'll probably watch it if it ever shows up on Netflix though. Just wasn't moved to seek out a way to watch it.

Keep your Dead Kennedy's CD's on repeat, while you keep your negativity to yourself, hipster (tsk)

I am sorry, but if you are to post up dismissive schlop about my favorite comic of all time (and now favorite TV show) and you will be greeted with a distinctly less than friendly retort. :makepoint:

I'm 47 actually, and anytime that Cocksparrer, Black Flag, Agnostic Front and Anti-Nowhere League are on the same stage I'm going.

I'm not holding anymore copies of Preacher #1 so i don't have to pretend to like the show :kidaround:

I'm 47 actually, and anytime that Cocksparrer, Black Flag, Agnostic Front and Anti-Nowhere League are on the same stage I'm going.

I'm not holding anymore copies of Preacher #1 so i don't have to pretend to like the show :kidaround:

WHich Black Flag did you watch? Greg Ginn's or Keith Morris

Keith Morris's, y'know the real one, "Flag". I wouldn't waste my time with Ginn's pile of

Keith Morris's, y'know the real one, "Flag". I wouldn't waste my time with Ginn's pile of

Not sure what either sound like now, but Ginn/Rollins were BLACK FLAG. Never to be duplicated, but certainly imitated.

signed ROLLINS card

rollins_aga_hr-2013083422-caf.jpg

<3

We now return you to your regularly schedule comic message board

Not sure what either sound like now, but Ginn/Rollins were BLACK FLAG. Never to be duplicated, but certainly imitated.

signed ROLLINS card

<3

ALL of the best Black Flag songs were pre-Rollins. The only great album he did with them was Damaged and much of it was re-recordings of songs that either Dez or Chavo sang previously.

The FLAG touring lineup has original members Keith Morris, Bill Stevenson and Chuck Dukowski plus Dez Cadena and Steve Egerton from the Descendents.

Ginn's Black Flag tour is just Ginn and whoever

signed ROLLINS card

<3

ALL of the best Black Flag songs were pre-Rollins. The only great album he did with them was Damaged and much of it was re-recordings of songs that either Dez or Chavo sang previously.

The FLAG touring lineup has original members Keith Morris, Bill Stevenson and Chuck Dukowski plus Dez Cadena and Steve Egerton from the Descendents.

But there are still great songs on my war and slip it in. Give those some credit

Side note. I just got a ticket to the Descendents show for San Diego. :banana:

signed ROLLINS card

<3

But there are still great songs on my war and slip it in. Give those some credit

Side note. I just got a ticket to the Descendents show for San Diego. :banana:

Those albums do have their moments. Actually, they did My War on Sunday with keith Morris singing, was a neat twist!

I was standing next to the guy who filmed this, had an all access pass coz I'm awesome like that ;)

Walking Dead's first episode bored me. I had to basically force myself to finish the first season. I haven't watched it since. Zombies have been done, literally, to death. Even the survival aspect of the story has been done to death with the whole post apocalyptic concept - Walking Dead blends those together, and none of it was really new (to me). At least Preacher is working some different angles.

So... I'm not in line with some of you guys who are saying Walking Dead was so great at really hooking you with those first few episodes - it obviously hooked a lot of people, but I wasn't one them, and I never got the hype.

Walking Dead is the MOST overrated TV show on. Nicatero does a good quality show when directing, my problem is the storytelling. The SAME story over n' over. Oh Gov....oh wait, Negan...bleh bleh bleh. Seriously, look at the storylines, they repeat each other. And that last 5 min's?? Give me a break. HORRIBLE.

Haven't watched Preacher as of yet.