• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

any idea on the print runs for preacher preview and preacher #1??

just curious

Preacher's Diamond figures (when they had about 65-70% of the market share) was 28,200.

If orders were consistent, given the size of Diamond's share of the market, we could be looking at 40 to 45k copies.

That would put it on the high side compared to most modern non-top shelf hero titles from the time period.

just curious

Preacher's Diamond figures (when they had about 65-70% of the market share) was 28,200.

If orders were consistent, given the size of Diamond's share of the market, we could be looking at 40 to 45k copies.

That would put it on the high side compared to most modern non-top shelf hero titles from the time period.

can you give me the numbers of the Preview and #1 separately please?

I heard the preview only had a print run of 600-700, but that sounded erroneous to me

just curious

can you give me the numbers of the Preview and #1 separately please?

I heard the preview only had a print run of 600-700, but that sounded erroneous to me

What I posted was for #1.

The preview was just a little handout thing.

Diamond orders were over 29,000 for the preview.

So orders were most likely at least 45,000 and that doesn't count any overrun that DC would have printed (given that it's just a preview/promo book). Given that it's only 15 page and to help sell books and be given out at conventions, etc. I wouldn't be shocked if there were 100,000 copies out there somewhere.

So orders were most likely at least 45,000 and that doesn't count any overrun that DC would have printed (given that it's just a preview/promo book). Given that it's only 15 page and to help sell books and be given out at conventions, etc. I wouldn't be shocked if there were 100,000 copies out there somewhere.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

So.....more copies of the Preview than Preacher #1 then?

(thumbs u

So.....more copies of the Preview than Preacher #1 then?

Yes. According to initial order. Probably less in high grade given how many probably got tossed around.

For what it's worth, as of today CGC says they've graded 1,509 copies of Preacher #1 vs. only 100 copies of Preacher Preview

For what it's worth, if you have ever held one in your hand, and read it, you'd know why - it's an 8-page throw-away. lol

For what it's worth, as of today CGC says they've graded 1,509 copies of Preacher #1 vs. only 100 copies of Preacher Preview

Bingo......thst is a large part of the why behind the preview selling for about what #1 sells for.

There is about 7.5% the amount of 9.8' preview books in the census as there is Preacher #1's in 9.8.

That is the driving force behind the 15 page preview book fetching around what #1 gets.Not the fact it is a first appearance.

Ultimately, the preview is just that:

A preview.....

Not the first full appearance of Jesse Custer, Tulip... " as both CGC/CBCS labels indicate for Preacher #1.

I'd put about equal stock into *perceived FMV* of both books, mostly due to the speculator factor of "look, the preview is a rare book, 100 copies in the census, most copies were mishandled, blah blah blah."

Basically, hawking preview books is a single step removed from hawking Pyramid schemes.

I didnt know that this guy was casted as Odin, only that Odin was confirmed on the show.

Anyway, this guy is a great pick.

Odin is a slimy weasel , this guy plays slimy, weasel to a T.

He even looks kinda weasely in the pic in thst link.

He's a good actor and played a sex offender in "Little Children", which was a well acted, moody flick.

He's an excellent choice for Odin.

I didnt know that this guy was casted as Odin, only that Odin was confirmed on the show.

Anyway, this guy is a great pick.

Odin is a slimy weasel , this guy plays slimy, weasel to a T.

He even looks kinda weasely in the pic in thst link.

He's a good actor and played a sex offender in "Little Children", which was a well acted, moody flick.

He's an excellent choice for Odin.

hm