• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

I fell asleep 20 minutes into the episode. I probably shouldn't have tried to watch it after the greatness that was last night's Game of Thrones episode.

They're obviously character building in the pilot. Everything fits the tone of the comics properly IMHO. The only thing that REALLY sucks is that we'll have to wait two weeks to see the next episode.... :(

I read the series originally as it was released, but have never re-read it. So, my fuzzy memories of character details allows me to be less pedantic about how the show deviates from the comic. Really enjoyed it. The tone was a little "wackier" than I was expecting, but I think that's a good thing.

They're obviously character building in the pilot. Everything fits the tone of the comics properly IMHO. The only thing that REALLY sucks is that we'll have to wait two weeks to see the next episode.... :(

Is it not on next week?

Is it not on next week?

Holiday

from the forums I've read the ones most enthusiastic are those that haven't read the comics.

And not much slamming by people who are holding multiple copies of #1

Is it not on next week?

They announced at the end of the show that the next episode would be on June 5th. Next week they're replaying the pilot, followed by that talk-show format afterwards they do for Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, but for Preacher.

Found time to watch it this evening. Much like Outcast, it was better than I thought it'd be.

Jesse isn't quite right, Tulip doesn't even seem close really, but Cassidy seems spot on. Outside of any expectations I may have from the comic, I have to say it seems like it could be a very watchable show.