• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Shiller Speaks

1,120 posts in this topic

I always wondered why my books at auction sit relatively dead with crickets chirping while I see similar books in other auctions always get fired up early. Shilling is probably part of the answer.

Too much of an inconvenience shipping from Canada??....oh wait!

I think shill bidding is shady, deceptive, fraudulent and low just like you do.

And I think it's much more common than people want to publicly admit. I always wondered why my books at auction sit relatively dead with crickets chirping while I see similar books in other auctions always get fired up early. Shilling is probably part of the answer.

Naw, Roy. Your books are like the hot cheerleader that everyone's afraid to ask to the prom. Those others are more like the pep squad girl who is close enough to pretty that you have to look twice to make sure she isn't. She gets asked first.

lol

Actually that's the exact opposite of what a shiller does. If there was another bidder the shill bidding would be pointless(hence no second bidder is "stepping up" when you shill to artificially inflate an auction price ). You can try and justify shilling all you want but it is a shady, deceptive, fraudulent, and low business practice used by shady individuals to deprive bidders of a fair auction result.

9mEpIFf.jpg

Do you shill? You don't seem to have a problem with the practice.

Actually that's the exact opposite of what a shiller does. If there was another bidder the shill bidding would be pointless(hence no second bidder is "stepping up" when you shill to artificially inflate an auction price ). You can try and justify shilling all you want but it is a shady, deceptive, fraudulent, and low business practice used by shady individuals to deprive bidders of a fair auction result.

9mEpIFf.jpg

Really?? You're really going to ask me that question??

9mEpIFf.jpg

He's not the shiller you are looking for. Come on, man.

Hey Red...do yourself a favor and look at my eBay listings.

Ample opportunity for me to shill...good call there buddy! (thumbs u

eBay listings

No need.

You say I'm butthurt because I'm railing against shilling? Yeah, silly me for getting angry that there are sellers out there effectively stealing from bidders. It's not a funny topic and I don't understand why you would make light of it.

I'm gonna cut the blue wire and defuse this baby before it goes off-Red was just confused cause you seemed to be defending shilling. Simple misunderstanding.

I'm gonna cut the blue wire and defuse this baby before it goes off-Red was just confused cause you seemed to be defending shilling. Simple misunderstanding.

I'm not defending...I simply do not care.

bababooey got it right....don't bid more than you want to pay. Simple and effective.

If someone shills, so be it. It does not effect me in any way, nor does it impact my "level of emotion" or blood pressure.

Find another dead horse to kick...

Hey Red...do yourself a favor and look at my eBay listings.

Ample opportunity for me to shill...good call there buddy! (thumbs u

eBay listings

What's the difference between a HUGE key and a MEGA key? hm

I'm not defending...I simply do not care.

bababooey got it right....don't bid more than you want to pay. Simple and effective.

If someone shills, so be it. It does not effect me in any way, nor does it impact my "level of emotion" or blood pressure.

Find another dead horse to kick...

Well to be fair it would affect you if say you could have gotten a book for $200 but the seller shilled it to $300 and that was what you were willing to pay....

What's the difference between a HUGE key and a MEGA key? hm

L@@K

:roflmao: