• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

It really doesn't matter if the show sucks. The first cool promo on TV will cause the books to skyrocket.

That's not really how it works ... it's during the lead-up period to the first trailer or promo where the prices plateau - just look at Constantine for a recent example. It's all about selling the sizzle, not the steak :thumbsup:

I think this series will be more like the Deadpool movie. People have been hearing about the Preacher show for years so when people are sure it's going to happen we should see a large jump compared to the current prices. Just my opinion.

Except that the Deadpool movie is going to be everything the fans wanted. Preacher isn't

DEADWOOD's W. Earl Brown Joins PREACHER As 'Sheriff Hugo Root'

W. Earl Brown (who played the formidable Dan Dority on HBO's western drama Deadwood) has joined the expanding cast of AMC's Preacher. He'll be playing Sheriff Root, who in the Vertigo comic series was just about the most vile piece of garbage you'd ever be unfortunate enough to meet.

w-earl-brown-639x360.jpg

PREACHER Adds Jamie Anne Allman & Derek Wilson In Roles Created For The Series

Deadline report that Jamie Anne Allman (The Killing) and Derek Wilson (Rectify) have joined the cast of AMC's small screen take on Preacher as Betsy and Donny Schenck -- two original creations just for the show. Betsy is described as “a meek wife who appears to suffer beatings by the hand of her husband, Donny,” while Donny is a “Civil War re-enactor and abusive thug who gets into altercations with Jesse Custer but nevertheless shows up to church on Sundays.”

jamie-anne-allman-derek-wilson.jpg

So they're using the Preacher name and that's about it...

How can you tell that from just the casting? Not really getting the negativity here--there's nothing to be positive OR negative about, we know next to nothing about what it will be like.

So they're using the Preacher name and that's about it...

How can you tell that from just the casting? Not really getting the negativity here--there's nothing to be positive OR negative about, we know next to nothing about what it will be like.

In the modern forum there was talk about it as well. It really does seem that there will be a very strong influence from the book, but people who have read the -script for the pilot episode say it is also very different.

I'll certainly give the show a shot, but I never thought it would really feel a ton like the comic because it almost certainly won't have Ennis' dialog and that really sets the tone in my opinion From the sounds of things, I do wish they were staying more true to the material, but then, this is someone else's interpretation of the work so.... I get it.

It really doesn't matter if the show sucks. The first cool promo on TV will cause the books to skyrocket.

That's not really how it works ... it's during the lead-up period to the first trailer or promo where the prices plateau - just look at Constantine for a recent example. It's all about selling the sizzle, not the steak :thumbsup:

I think this series will be more like the Deadpool movie. People have been hearing about the Preacher show for years so when people are sure it's going to happen we should see a large jump compared to the current prices. Just my opinion.

Except that the Deadpool movie is going to be everything the fans wanted. Preacher isn't

How can you tell that?

Besides, Walking Dead has strayed from the comic and people continually gripe and moan about it, but all it does is break ratings records every season.

How can you tell that?

Besides, Walking Dead has strayed from the comic and people continually gripe and moan about it, but all it does is break ratings records every season.

It seems that every time I get ready to post, Chuck has already posted my thoughts. I'm a huge fan of Preacher, it's in my top 10, maybe top 5. I'm optimistic about the show. It's a different medium so I expect changes and adaptations. Besides, I've already read the comic so I don't need to watch the exact same thing in live action, an adaptation that is faithful to the spirit and quality of the original will satisfy me.

thankfully I just sent in a preacher 1 for press and slab! yay

Tom Brooke Joins The Cast Of AMC's PREACHER As A Series Regular

British talent Tom Brooke has nabbed a series regular role on the show as 'Fiore', one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'. The show, currently being developed for TV by This Is The End duo Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, is based on Garth Ennis & Steve Dillion's 90s comic book series of the same name.

tom-brooke-fiore.jpg