• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

He does look like Robin Thicke there! lol

Hopefully, they'll rough his look up a bit. Jesse isn't a pretty boy. He's a roughneck. Actually, Rick (on The Walking Dead) would've made a pretty good Jesse Custer.

It really doesn't matter if the show sucks. The first cool promo on TV will cause the books to skyrocket.

That's not really how it works ... it's during the lead-up period to the first trailer or promo where the prices plateau - just look at Constantine for a recent example. It's all about selling the sizzle, not the steak :thumbsup:

I think this series will be more like the Deadpool movie. People have been hearing about the Preacher show for years so when people are sure it's going to happen we should see a large jump compared to the current prices. Just my opinion.

Except that the Deadpool movie is going to be everything the fans wanted. Preacher isn't

How can you tell that?

Besides, Walking Dead has strayed from the comic and people continually gripe and moan about it, but all it does is break ratings records every season.

It seems that every time I get ready to post, Chuck has already posted my thoughts.

I'm a huge fan of Preacher, it's in my top 10, maybe top 5. I'm optimistic about the show. It's a different medium so I expect changes and adaptations. Besides, I've already read the comic so I don't need to watch the exact same thing in live action, an adaptation that is faithful to the spirit and quality of the original will satisfy me.

My sentiments exactly.

I have 2 copies of Preacher 1 ATM, one in grading at CGFC and another copy I picked up this past month which I'll be subbing shortly.And I have a Preacher 13 , Absolute vertigo, which I am sure will both get 9.8's.All of that is besides the point because I loved the comic.But commerce is commerce and I'll sell all of my CGC slabbed preachers when I get 'em.

I'd say that next to Hate and Eightball, Preacher is one of my 3 favorite comic series, period.

I've said this before but it bears repeating:

This show will have meat on its bones.It is being produced for AMC....,not censor happy NBC.

If it strays from the comic or not.I don't really care.

The creators/directors of the show are also huge fans of Ennis and the original comic run.

That said, chances are it will be along the lines of a well scripted show like Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

The failure of Constantine was that it was streamlined for network TV.It was as bland and as dumbed down as could be.Cute and trite does not work well with the subject matter of Hellblazer.

I watched the pilot episode and called it quits.FWIW, I read damn near every issue of the vertigo Hellblazer run and loved the book and the character.

To compare AMC's production values and proven record of producing shows that do not cringe from "disturbing, thought provoking material (Breaking Bad, Mad Men) with NBC's Constantine overly "family friendly" production of Contantine is nonsense.

Not to say that shows on network TV will automatically suck balls, either.I really like I Zombie.....as fluffy as it is, it's a fun show to watch.It doesn't pretend to be anything that it's not.

From my point of view , hearkening back to my points made on Breaking Bad and Mad Men, Preacher will be a show not meant for the dumbed down masses.I strongly think it will be very moody and intelligent with a bit of black comedy thrown in e.g. breaking Bad and Mad Men.

In line with my earlier comments regarding "intelligent" TV shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I don't think Preacher will be the time passing fodder that the Walking Dead is, either.

I do like the Walking Dead (the show, I've never read the comic) but after all, it can hardly be thought of as having anything more than a well done B movie derived TV show.It's a TV show about zombies, after all.

::End of rant::

I was wondering what was going on with this show.

LATINO REVIEW: Grab The Holy Water For These "Preacher" Set Photos

If you're a fan of Preacher and have been keeping up with the television show about the character that is in development, then boy do we have a treat for you. This comes to us from the folks over at Comicus, which has several photos below taken straight from the set of the upcoming TV show.

eOTRzihl.jpg

YzntLxVl.jpg

4qafotml.jpg

SXekLLpl.jpg

WoMeypRl.jpg

dsNoXx2l.jpg

3xLOanNl.jpg

V2aSVu8l.jpg

bTBSVSQl.jpg

Seth Rogen has announced that Preacher will premiere on AMC in May 2016.

He also released the first official promotional poster for the series, seen in full below.

In the spirit of the source material, the poster shows a Christian church turned on its head.

coe44tfukaafmkp-150769.jpg

Preacher Ordered to Series With 10-Episode First Season

AMC has ordered a ten-episode first season of their DC/Vertigo adaptation Preacher, created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon.

The Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production was developed for television by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg with showrunner Sam Catlin. Rogen and Goldberg will produce the series through their Point Grey banner, along with Neal Moritz’s Original Film. AMC indicated that the series will premiere in mid-2016.

“Couldn’t be more happy with Sony/AMC’s decision to bring Garth’s amazing Preacher to television," said Caitlin, who wrote the pilot. "Can’t wait to spend some quality time with vampires, psychopaths, rednecks and God.”

He also released the first official promotional poster for the series, seen in full below.

In the spirit of the source material, the poster shows a Christian church turned on its head.

Here is more:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=124903

Here is more:

My favorite comment from that article was the guy who was offended by the cross being upside down in the poster. When he sees the show his head is going to explode. lol

Here is more:

My favorite comment from that article was the guy who was offended by the cross being upside down in the poster. When he sees the show his head is going to explode. lol

...this show will definitely generate some press. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Preacher Trailer To Be Released During The Walking Dead

AMC has officially announced the trailer for its much anticipated series, Preacher, will be released with next week's extended episode of The Walking Dead.

Based on the twisted and popular ‘90s comic book franchise of the same name, Preacher, created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, is the story of Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper) a conflicted Preacher in a small Texas town who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that allows him to develop a highly unconventional power. Jesse, his ex-girlfriend, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) embark on a journey to, literally, find God. The Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production was developed for television by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg (This Is the End, Superbad, Neighbors) and showrunner Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad). The series is set to premiere mid-2016.

That is going to be one heck of a double-exciting experience.

:popcorn: