• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Thankgiving to everybody!

62 posts in this topic

Here's my lone Thanksgiving comic. Very incomplete but I bought it for the cover alone...and it was a whopping $1!

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Nice Barks cover. Amazing that anyone would have paid to get that slabbed. Presumably they didn't notice the missing pages.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My wife asked me to cut her a white birch log. She made a nice center piece with it. :) Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

thanksgivingbirchlog004.jpg

thanksgivingbirchlog002.jpg

That's really cool! My wife's mother makes centerpieces out of wildflowers, but nothing like that! :applause:

My wife asked me to cut her a white birch log. She made a nice center piece with it. :) Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

thanksgivingbirchlog004.jpg

thanksgivingbirchlog002.jpg

That's really cool! My wife's mother makes centerpieces out of wildflowers, but nothing like that! :applause:

Yes, very creative and I imagine the freshly cut wood just smells great too!

Yes, very creative and I imagine the freshly cut wood just smells great too!

Thanks guys. She will be happy to hear your kind words.

I got the turkey breast in my brine last night, a 7 pounder. My brine for such a small piece of poultry follows (would also work for two chickens or half the recipe for one chicken.) I use a small Igloo cooler because a bowl would be far too large and wouldn't brine effectively.

1 quart chicken stock

1/4 cup kosher salt

2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon peppercorns

1 teaspoon dried onion flakes

1/2 tsp ground sage

1/8 tsp garlic powder

-

1 cup apple cider or juice

-

1 quart ice-water

Bring first group of ingredients to a boil in a saucepan then remove from heat. Add the apple cider, stir, let cool for 5-10 minutes, then add ice-water and stir until ice is mostly melted.

Place turkey breast or chicken(s) in close-fitting container and pour brine over, cover, and refrigerate. Turkey breasts can go 24 hours, a large chicken, 12.

-slym