• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE HULK #181 CLUB

428 posts in this topic

IncredibleHulk1814copy_zpsa74c485c.jpg

Hulk 181 was my first vintage comic.

WOW! That copy is very nice! Great color, great wrap :golfclap:

I know we're not seeing the whole book or looked at it in person, but just from the scan it looks like a 9.8. (worship)

+1

WOW! That copy is very nice! Great color, great wrap :golfclap:

I know we're not seeing the whole book or looked at it in person, but just from the scan it looks like a 9.8. (worship)

+1

+2 Why not a 9.8?

Hey Harvey,

Please consider me a member of this club now and I am also posting the 180, so you guys/gals can see the linkage of what I did :banana:

Here are my two newest books! I wonder if anyone is going to copy me?

Incredible Hulk 180 (5.0) Had Len sign and write "1st Wolverine Cameo" and Herb did two head sketches/remarks and signed by Stan Lee

20141104_160025_zpswlhyulb7.jpg

Incredible Hulk 181 (5.5) Had Len sign and write "1st Full Wolverine App." and Herb did two head sketches/remarks and signed by Stan Lee

20141104_160055_zpsezolha9i.jpg

20141104_160107_zpsalgg7alz.jpg

Thanks for the look! :whee:

R_H

Hey Harvey,

Please consider me a member of this club now and I am also posting the 180, so you guys/gals can see the linkage of what I did :banana:

Here are my two newest books! I wonder if anyone is going to copy me?

Incredible Hulk 180 (5.0) Had Len sign and write "1st Wolverine Cameo" and Herb did two head sketches/remarks and signed by Stan Lee

20141104_160025_zpswlhyulb7.jpg

Incredible Hulk 181 (5.5) Had Len sign and write "1st Full Wolverine App." and Herb did two head sketches/remarks and signed by Stan Lee

20141104_160055_zpsezolha9i.jpg

20141104_160107_zpsalgg7alz.jpg

Thanks for the look! :whee:

R_H

Nice books :applause:

Well now I feel old.

It was one of my first vintage comics too, I paid .25 for it off a spinner rack at the drug store in Tonowanda , NY.

I started buying Hulks at issue 163, and bought 181 off the spinner rack at a convenience store a mile up the road from where I lived. When I got home, I read it and instantly loved the Wolverine character. The panel where he is glancing at the Hulk with a slight scowl just before he jumps on the Hulk in a surprise attack. It resonated with me and I loved the character and I rode my bike back to the store and bought all of the copies they had ( total 5 ). I was a genius! The kids at school would want this book and I would have them all!

Of course my plan failed, as there are many stores the kids could go buy the book at. :P

Fun memories. :)

One of those copies ended up on my desk where I was working on something and was using a cutting knife on some paper. The Hulk 181 was a cutting mat as I had no idea I had left the book there. doh!

A different copy ended up floating in the bath tub as I brought it in to read as I took a bath. I fell asleep in the tub and the comic became very water logged.