• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast

221 posts in this topic

When you think about it, with the popularity Disney is having with all it's princess merchandise (Tangled, Merida from the Brave, etc), you would think they could really turn Wonder Woman (a "new" princess comic character genre to explore) into a marketing juggernaught again for young girls for these Modern times. hm

You'd think that would be a no brainer. But, in order to do that, DC would actually have to...gasp...target Wonder Woman towards young girls. That means no double D boobies and adult content catered to fanboys. It frustrates me (I have 3 girls 10 and under) that I can't find any current WW comics or stories that are age appropriate and that my girls would actually be interested in. I end up having to pull out old books from the GA/SA to even expose them to the character.

When you think about it, with the popularity Disney is having with all it's princess merchandise (Tangled, Merida from the Brave, etc), you would think they could really turn Wonder Woman (a "new" princess comic character genre to explore) into a marketing juggernaught again for young girls for these Modern times. hm

You'd think that would be a no brainer. But, in order to do that, DC would actually have to...gasp...target Wonder Woman towards young girls. That means no double D boobies and adult content catered to fanboys. It frustrates me (I have 3 girls 10 and under) that I can't find any current WW comics or stories that are age appropriate and that my girls would actually be interested in. I end up having to pull out old books from the GA/SA to even expose them to the character.

Not necessarily... hm

http://www.hypable.com/2013/05/12/brave-princess-merida-design-change/

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/05/16/why-disneys-princess-makeover-of-merida-from-brave-sends-the-wrong-message

"That means no double D boobies and adult content catered to fanboys."

You are correct, but she also shouldn't look like she need a hand out from Alyssa Milano.

lol

Okay. I'll give ya that. "Androgynous" is not the word that comes to mind when I see Wonder Woman in comic books.

Somewhat off topic but tying in to the whole DC casting issue, I'm not a fan of Barry Allen on Arrow. Arrows a great show but the Flash spinoff might not work, and TDK franchise was great and now this with WW. Point I'm trying to make is the success DC has recently had could be their downfall. I wonder if they think they're too good to fail and don't care about choices. I mean TDK killed it, Arrow is killing it, and now the trifecta of errors (in my mind)

1) Affleck

2) Gal Gadot

3) that other stick figure as Flash

is it just me?

True, but she does seem to have a very good frame to build upon :)

Zing!

hm

How is that a "zing"? I think he meant it as a compliment, and not an insult.

The zing is for the innuendo.

True, but she does seem to have a very good frame to build upon :)

Zing!

hm

How is that a "zing"? I think he meant it as a compliment, and not an insult.

The zing is for the innuendo.

Oh. You meant this.