• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman Has Been Cast

221 posts in this topic

well, didn't think I'd see a worse casting decision than Affleck as Batman, but this tops it. what's next? Chris Rock as Krypto? geez.

I still don't get all the hate surrounding Ben Affleck playing Batman. The guy's a good actor. I would have expected to see more vitrol regarding Val Kilmer or George Clooney. I think Ben will make a great Batman.

...but Ben Affleck would be a FANTASTIC director...Affleck can direct so much better then he can act! He's ok in certain movies (Good Will Hunting) but he was terrible in Daredevil.

I don't consider Daredevil (or Elektra) that terrible when it comes to the acting. I think it was the scripts. If Elektra focused more on Elektra, and less on the teenager, it may have been a better story overall.

I need to go back and watch the Daredevil Director's Edition and see how horrible it really is.

It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I guess if this is the final word we'll wait and see. Weird they picked such a skinny gal though.

But I saw what Ben is looking like these days, I'm sure they can bulk her up just as well. Can't say I ever saw her act in a movie though. hm

I like the girl in Dice's sig for the role personally.

Another fine choice.

And I do mean fine. (worship)

I thought so too, but I think her time has passed for that role.

Yeah, she's like 30 now. No way she could pull it off. :eyeroll:

Don't get me wrong I thought she was great for the roll a few years ago when their was a push for her. Nothing to do with her age.

I just think Jaimie Alexander fits the role better.

I like the girl in Dice's sig for the role personally.

Another fine choice.

And I do mean fine. (worship)

I thought so too, but I think her time has passed for that role.

Yeah, she's like 30 now. No way she could pull it off. :eyeroll:

Don't get me wrong I thought she was great for the roll a few years ago when their was a push for her. Nothing to do with her age.

I just think Jaimie Alexander fits the role better.

She definitely is not ready for a nursing home by any means. She was even in the Israeli Army.

But I also agree she doesn't fit MY ideal of the of gal I imagined the role would go to.

Maybe because I don't look at myself as handsome in any way, I don't get all the internet hate towards this casting choice. Michael Keaton was not up to the physical standards of being Batman and he turned out to be the best one so far (my opinion).

I am going to give this "gal" a chance.

Maybe because I don't look at myself as handsome in any way, I don't get all the internet hate towards this casting choice. Michael Keaton was not up to the physical standards of being Batman and he turned out to be the best one so far (my opinion).

I am going to give this "gal" a chance.

I hear ya, but I think you're comparing apples to oranges.

That was 25 years ago, when we were just ecstatic to see a superhero on the big screen. Keaton is a white American male playing a white American role, that is most popular among white American males. His body is completely covered in the Batsuit. (And we fanboys are grateful for that.)

Fast forward 25 years and the big screen is filled with superhero flicks.

WW's suit leaves a lot of uncovered skin. (And we fanboys are grateful for that.)

And while America is a huge melting pot, most of the fans of these movies are white males.

Just sayin'.

WB should give the rights back to Marvel !!!

marvel wishes they own wonder woman
When you think about it, with the popularity Disney is having with all it's princess merchandise (Tangled, Merida from the Brave, etc), you would think they could really turn Wonder Woman (a "new" princess comic character genre to explore) into a marketing juggernaught again for young girls for these Modern times. hm

When you think about it, with the popularity Disney is having with all it's princess merchandise (Tangled, Merida from the Brave, etc), you would think they could really turn Wonder Woman (a "new" princess comic character genre to explore) into a marketing juggernaught again for young girls for these Modern times. hm

I fully expect Disney to own all DC properties within the next 20 years. I look forward to them all (Marvel/DC/Star Wars) being under one roof. I would not be shocked if it happens even sooner.

My two favorites from that top ten were the following.

6.) It should have been Jaimie Alexander

1.) Get that girl a sandwich.

Marvel seems to have casting down to a science, when you look at the casting choices they have made for their major superhero movies. DC not so much (GL).

DC has the market on dark, serious "adult" superhero movies. Marvel is playing more exclusively to the fan-boy population.

That's just my opinion of course.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in their choice, but I guess like some have said, let's see what she does with the role.

I think Gal is attractive enough and tall enough to play an amazon. What she is missing is the warrior and the "I am superior to you" attitude that comes with being a princess of a warrior culture. That said, give her the costume, some mass/muscle building with a trainer and she will likely succeed if she has the acting skills.

I haven't seen any films she acted in, but others who have said "not so great". :(

I saw a video of an interview of her on u-tube, her thick accent and inarticulate responses didn't impress me much.

I wonder why they chose someone who so obviously will have to be transformed in order to carry off the part. Why make it so darned difficult. That's why I say Marvel is smarter at casting. I mean they nailed Thor. DC couldn't do the same with WW??? :mad: