• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

I've been debating whether to slab my minty fresh coverless copy which is missing the staples and the first thirty two wraps.

It's at almost 13k with 20 minutes to go. are we looking at a 20k book per point on blue labels these days? this book and af 15 just continue not to disappoint (comparing these two because of the availability )

Do you have a link?

It's at almost 13k with 20 minutes to go. are we looking at a 20k book per point on blue labels these days? this book and af 15 just continue not to disappoint (comparing these two because of the availability )

Do you have a link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1-CGC-5-unrestored-Bob-Kane-1940-Golden-Age-DC-/291365690741?nma=true&si=cZfIQ%252BnOLpGNt49eEQIdRUjKIU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Do you have a link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-1-CGC-5-unrestored-Bob-Kane-1940-Golden-Age-DC-/291365690741?nma=true&si=cZfIQ%252BnOLpGNt49eEQIdRUjKIU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Interesting that all but the winner were relatively low fb bidders. I am a little surprised that the book wasn't grade a 1.0.

Do you have a link?

Interesting that all but the winner were relatively low fb bidders. I am a little surprised that the book wasn't grade a 1.0.

Too much missing but I see books in the low end all over the place, I had a buddy of mine that got a .5 on a Superman 3 that was complete with nice paper and only a full spine split, it was sad but they killed the book. This is a 1.0 and only that.

That being said I thought the price was a bit low and certainly more reasonable then some other copies I have seen lately.

James G

Any thoughts on grade here? Went for $5801. I suspect the buyer will restore it...at least, I probably would. http://ebay.to/1D7DhpP

Price was a tad low compared with more recent sales, but the front cover is almost useless tho with a ton of tape and missing large pieces. Paper looked ok with some tape stains, but you basically bought a coverless plus book. Not really enough to restore and there have been much nicer front covers around. I think 7500-8500 would have been more inline with the last few sales.

All that being said there is an incomplete brittle interior that sold for stupid money and keeps coming up for auction over and over again. I think I have seen it 3-4 times over the last year+.

James G

Sorry, didn't copy/save the link Previous poster said it went for almost 14k. It was a pretty sweet .5 IMO as well. This is definitely a top 4/5 book regardless of what the OPG says

I didn't realize it was the same copy I posted about a few weeks ago.

Definitely a great looking .5.

With this new expansion of the DC cinematic universe, I expect it to continue to trend upward.

Sorry, didn't copy/save the link Previous poster said it went for almost 14k. It was a pretty sweet .5 IMO as well. This is definitely a top 4/5 book regardless of what the OPG says

With this new expansion of the DC cinematic universe, I expect it to continue to trend upward.

Thank goodness there are movies to help keep Batman relevant...!

Thank goodness there are movies to help keep Batman relevant...!

I was just thinking the same thing. :facepalm:

Movies, cartoon shows /movies etc are HELPING keeping things relevant for the NEXt generation all these kids in Batman shirts and backpacks aren't wearing them because of the comics per say it helps them get into the books in many cases Bats 1 is a great book IMO mainly because of the Joker.....yes its a #1 and has one of the coolest covers around but its not the first appearance of Batman nor Robin (the 2 iconic heroes---which usually fuel sales) what Wayne-Tec was getting at I think was the new suicide squad movie and the fact that Jared Leto is on board to play the Joker (which I guess will be some sort of arkham asylum version) further putting the joker into the mainstream consciousness which will fuel more attention to the book etc you think Captain America #1 is where it was compared to 5 years ago without the movies success?

Movies, cartoon shows /movies etc are HELPING keeping things relevant for the NEXt generation all these kids in Batman shirts and backpacks aren't wearing them because of the comics per say it helps them get into the books in many cases Bats 1 is a great book IMO mainly because of the Joker.....yes its a #1 and has one of the coolest covers around but its not the first appearance of Batman nor Robin (the 2 iconic heroes---which usually fuel sales) what Wayne-Tec was getting at I think was the new suicide squad movie and the fact that Jared Leto is on board to play the Joker (which I guess will be some sort of arkham asylum version) further putting the joker into the mainstream consciousness which will fuel more attention to the book etc you think Captain America #1 is where it was compared to 5 years ago without the movies success?

I bet if you asked 100 random comic fans what the firs appearance of the Joker was they wouldn't know. I think many people forget that it's the first Joker and first Catwoman, to me that isn't the first think people think of when they think of a Bats 1.

The movie hype may help a random high end sale but I doubt it is going to impact a 1.0 or .5 sale at all. When the 1989 Batman movie hit there was an upswing in high end price because non collectors wanted the bat books, that isn't going to happen with low end copies. I think overall the movies have little to no impact on value.

James G

I bet if you asked 100 random comic fans what the firs appearance of the Joker was they wouldn't know. I think many people forget that it's the first Joker and first Catwoman, to me that isn't the first think people think of when they think of a Bats 1.

The movie hype may help a random high end sale but I doubt it is going to impact a 1.0 or .5 sale at all. When the 1989 Batman movie hit there was an upswing in high end price because non collectors wanted the bat books, that isn't going to happen with low end copies. I think overall the movies have little to no impact on value.

James G

although I don't believe GA books value increases are dependent on movie hype, I do remember when "Dark Knight" was in theaters, Batman #1 had an uptick in prices across all grades including restored copies, so I feel we will see more of the same to some degree with the upcoming DC movie projects.

That copy had real nice eye appeal for the grade...... and when the same money will only get you a raggedy AF15....These restored Bat 1's will only start looking better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u